Last Days of Vietnam

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

RangerX
Ranger

Last Days of Vietnam

Post by RangerX »

Looks to be interesting stuff - http://www.lastdaysinvietnam.com/

During the chaotic final days of the Vietnam War, the North Vietnamese Army closes in on Saigon as South Vietnamese resistance crumbles. The United States has only a skeleton crew of diplomats and military operatives still in the country. As Communist victory becomes inevitable and the U.S. readies to withdraw, some Americans begin to consider the certain imprisonment and possible death of their South Vietnamese allies, co-workers, and friends. Meanwhile, the prospect of an official evacuation of South Vietnamese becomes terminally delayed by Congressional gridlock and the inexplicably optimistic U.S. Ambassador. With the clock ticking and the city under fire, a number of heroic Americans take matters into their own hands, engaging in unsanctioned and often makeshift operations in a desperate effort to save as many South Vietnamese lives as possible.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Grunt
Ranger

Re: Last Days of Vietnam

Post by Grunt »

Agreed, that should be worth seeing. I've always felt this picture (below) really captured the sense panic of those final days. Complete desperation.

Grunt
A co 1-502 10/84 - 12/85
CSCo 4-327 01/85 - 08/87
C co 1-17 09/87 - 02/88
RS Class 02-87

Return to “The Mosh Pit”