Introduction: Larry

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Hopeful812
Egg

Introduction: Larry

Post by Hopeful812 »

Hello,

My name is Larry. I'm 31, work in the millroom of an iron foundry preparing freshly cast brake rotors and drums to be machined. I'm also an avid hunter, fisherman, 2nd Amendment Advocate and strong believer in the Oath Before Orders mindset. Also, in 2003, I enlisted Active Army as a 19K Recruit, but was medically discharged due to a misdiagnosis of asthma. After over a decade of researching how to get back in, I've finally obtained the proof the Army will accept. Now, my goal is to reenlist 68W and hopefully get into (and complete) BAC and RASP, then serve in the 75th, if my age doesn't make me ineligible. Thanks in advance for any information that may be provided.
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Re: Introduction: Larry

Post by centermass »

Please take the time to familiarize yourself with our site rules and FAQ's.

Good luck with your aspirations. Please keep us updated as you go through the process.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Larry. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at ArmyRanger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread within 72 hours. Please tell us more about yourself. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ginger
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ginger »

Welcome Larry!

PM Inbound!
11X OPT. 40
SHIP DATE: 20150713

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Hopeful812
Egg

Post by Hopeful812 »

Roger, Rangers centermass and Jim and thank you for the heads up on site decorum, ginger. I do apologize for not responding within 72 hours (lot of OT), but I just self administered an APFT this morning and completed a total of 82 pushups, 87 sirups and a 2 mile run in 12 minutes, 39 seconds. As far as more about me, I grew up in southwest Indiana, have an extremely close knit family and am currently working to save for an accelerated program that would take me from having zero college credits to holding an A.A.S. in Paramedic Science in as little as 8 months. Some of the credits will be necessary, as my GED is no longer good enough to enlist with. If there's anything else anyone would like to know about me or any suggestions, I'm open to anything. I may not be able to reply very promptly, though, as I work a lot of hours.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Larry.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com, Larry. I appreciate your desire to become an Army Ranger. If you will look, listen, and pay attention to details, you can learn a great deal here that will help you on your journey. Please read and heed the ROE PM I just sent you.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

From one Larry to another, WELCOM. If everything was done to Standards, those are some impressive PT scores for a civilian.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”