Re-Introduction Chris

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

chris16.5
Embryo

Re-Introduction Chris

Post by chris16.5 »

Hello, my name is Chris and I am a junior in highschool but am enrolled in a program called Running Start where I take college classes at my local community college with the goal of earning an AA degree by the time I graduate high-school. Once I graduate high school, I plan on enlisting with a 11-x option 40 contract. I realize I have a long time before this opportunity will occur and plans can change; but I have made a commitment to myself that I will work harder everyday in school and in PT to increase my chances of being a part of the 75th Ranger Regiment. That being said I joined this site to learn more, post less and increase my chances of being a part of the 75th Ranger Regiment.

I titled this a re-intro because I previously registered here under the account chris16, but was under age for the form. I was told to come back when I was 16 1/2 years of age and register under the account name chris16.5.

Previous introduction thread can be viewed here: viewtopic.php?f=172&t=63192&p=725891&hi ... 16#p725851
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Re-Introduction Chris

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Chris. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at ArmyRanger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread within 72 hours. Please tell us more about yourself. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ginger
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ginger »

Welcome Chris.

PM inbound.
11X OPT. 40
SHIP DATE: 20150713

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com, young man. If you will look, listen, and pay attention to details, you can learn a great deal that will help you on your journey. Please read and heed the ROE PM I just sent you.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
chris16.5
Embryo

Post by chris16.5 »

Jim wrote:Welcome, Chris. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at ArmyRanger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread within 72 hours. Please tell us more about yourself. Never, never quit!
Roger Ranger Jim, PT test as follows
Dead Hang Pull-ups (Palms facing out): 12
Max Push-ups (2 minutes): 65
Max Sit-ups(2 minutes):74
2 Mile Run: 17:23
chris16.5
Embryo

Post by chris16.5 »

Ginger wrote:Welcome Chris.

PM inbound.
Roger Ginger, PM read.
Ranger Ron wrote:Welcome to ArmyRanger.com, young man. If you will look, listen, and pay attention to details, you can learn a great deal that will help you on your journey. Please read and heed the ROE PM I just sent you.
Roger Ranger Ron, PM read.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

chris16.5 wrote:Roger Ranger Jim, PT test as follows
You now have established your PT baseline, and you have a lot of room for improvement. Now, tell us more about yourself. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
chris16.5
Embryo

Post by chris16.5 »

Jim wrote:
chris16.5 wrote:Roger Ranger Jim, PT test as follows
You now have established your PT baseline, and you have a lot of room for improvement. Now, tell us more about yourself. Never, never quit!
Roger Ranger Jim, My name is Chris, I am from the eastern part of the Washington State. In school I am academically sound- always have gotten A’s and B’s. As of school sports I have never really been a fan of them because most of the people I do not get along with, and I have never been the best athlete per say. I do enjoy swimming and snowboarding as extracurricular activities, and currently follow http://tfblacktraining.com/tf-military/ as a training program.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Please tell us more. Have you contacted a recruiter? What have you learned on this site? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Chris.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
chris16.5
Embryo

Post by chris16.5 »

Jim wrote:Please tell us more. Have you contacted a recruiter? What have you learned on this site? Never, never quit!
Ranger Jim, I have not even thought about contacting a recruiter yet as I have at least two years of school before I would enlist, and right now my 5m target is becoming more physically fit and focusing on school. I have learned to read more and post less, and use the search function before I think about posting a question.
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

chris16.5 wrote:
Jim wrote:Please tell us more. Have you contacted a recruiter? What have you learned on this site? Never, never quit!
Ranger Jim, I have not even thought about contacting a recruiter yet as I have at least two years of school before I would enlist, and right now my 5m target is becoming more physically fit and focusing on school. I have learned to read more and post less, and use the search function before I think about posting a question.
Wrong answer bud. Start finding recruiters now and establish your goals with said recruiter. You need to find whether a recruiter is going to assist in attaining you an Opt 40 or try and sell you on something else.
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
chris16.5
Embryo

Post by chris16.5 »

rangertough wrote:
chris16.5 wrote:
Wrong answer bud. Start finding recruiters now and establish your goals with said recruiter. You need to find whether a recruiter is going to assist in attaining you an Opt 40 or try and sell you on something else.
Roger Rangertough
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

So what have you done? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
chris16.5
Embryo

Post by chris16.5 »

Jim wrote:So what have you done? Never, never quit!
Ranger Jim, I haven't talked to a recruiter yet, I plan to in September once school starts. I am also interested in Air Force Combat Controllers, so I will be talking to an Air Force recruiter as well.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”