Intro-Bobea

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Pb92A
Embryo

Intro-Bobea

Post by Pb92A »

Hello Rangers, this is my third time typing this out so ill just cut to the chase if you guys dont mind

92A currently in Fort Lee 3 weeks till graduation!

I've read alot of post here and none of my burning questions have been answered so I'm hoping some person will read this and be able to answer these questions it will help me alot!

PT Test-
P/U-66
S/U-68
Run 13:05

Dead arm hang 25 seconds after a workout

After RASP and all that what would I do would I just be a high speed 92A or will i auctually be doing the cool stuff as in shooting/jumping/combat operations?

I currently have orders to Fort WW in Alaska will they cancel my orders and give me new orders to be in one of the 3 bases the Battalions are located in or just go to Fort WW and be in the 25th as normal and never see the Regt?

What would my day to day be in the Regt. as a 92A?

What other workouts can I do help me get ready for RASP/Airborne school to stand out?

Anything tips would also be greatly appreciated here as in what to ask for etc. and if you guys do have the time to answer my questions please go into detail I like to be knowledgeable in the things im going to be doing! Like I said its my 3rd time writing this thing sorry its cut and dry to the point! Thank you all who answer hope to hear from you all!
Pb92A
Embryo

Re: Intro-Bobea

Post by Pb92A »

A little bit more about me im from Miami,Florida also!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome Bobea, please take some time to review postings on the letters from school thread. If you have questions, you will find the search feature located on the top right of this page. The search feature is your friend. There is a RASP video on the about RASP thread. Tell us why you want to be a Ranger? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Bobea.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Welcome Pb92A.

PM inbound.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140715

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Pb92A
Embryo

Post by Pb92A »

Well I want to be a Ranger because why wouldn't you want to be because they are a bad ass force and I feel like if you're going to do something as in join the Army you should want to be with the best.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Pb92A wrote:Well I want to be a Ranger because why wouldn't you want to be because they are a bad ass force and I feel like if you're going to do something as in join the Army you should want to be with the best.
You should re-read the PM Bronco sent you.

It is not advisable to preface your subject with "Well" - it's either Ranger so&so or Rangers.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

You've got some maturing to do yet, that's obvious by your answer to Ranger Jim and your lack of self motivation to research your own MOS and what would be required of you in Regiment. That's not a bad thing, we've all been there, but I would also expect some semblance of military courtesy and bearing out of you if you're only three weeks from graduating AIT.

There are Colonels here, watching you, there are Command Sergeants Major here, First Sergeants, and every other rank you can think of in between and you walk in and say, "Hey guys. Maybe you can do my work for me, but if you agree to that request, don't half-ass it, I want detailed answers from you."

Really? Are you fucking kidding me? Go walk into your Senior Drill Instructors office and say the same thing to him. What would happen? Instant pain is my bet. Lots of it.

As far as your quest, anything is possible, but it'll be up to you to make it happen. You've got a ways to go if you want to compete and be successful with some of the other Opt40 soldiers heading to RASP.

Start now, lock yourself up tight, be disciplined, be hard, be smart and put 110% effort into it or you will fail quickly.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

You have not been back for almost two weeks. You don't take this serious. this is not Facebook. We are serious.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Pb92A
Embryo

Post by Pb92A »

Sorry Rangers, im back new to this whole forum thing. But thank's for all your info and once I get done with Airborne school ill post a little update in the update section of the forums but as for PT here is my little update right now!

P/U-77
S/u- 81
Run:12:46
Chin ups-7
Dead arm hang- 21 seconds after all the other sutff.

It really does help seeing progress!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Hello Rangers, this is my third time typing this out so ill just cut to the chase if you guys dont mind

92A currently in Fort Lee 3 weeks till graduation!

I've read alot of post here and none of my burning questions have been answered so I'm hoping some person will read this and be able to answer these questions it will help me alot!

PT Test-
P/U-66
S/U-68
Run 13:05

Dead arm hang 25 seconds after a workout

After RASP and all that what would I do would I just be a high speed 92A or will i auctually be doing the cool stuff as in shooting/jumping/combat operations?

I currently have orders to Fort WW in Alaska will they cancel my orders and give me new orders to be in one of the 3 bases the Battalions are located in or just go to Fort WW and be in the 25th as normal and never see the Regt?

What would my day to day be in the Regt. as a 92A?

What other workouts can I do help me get ready for RASP/Airborne school to stand out?

Anything tips would also be greatly appreciated here as in what to ask for etc. and if you guys do have the time to answer my questions please go into detail I like to be knowledgeable in the things im going to be doing! Like I said its my 3rd time writing this thing sorry its cut and dry to the point! Thank you all who answer hope to hear from you all!
Let's review. Are you going to Airborne Training? Are you going to Alaska? Knock off the BS and explain just what is going on.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Pb92A
Embryo

Post by Pb92A »

Sorry Ranger Jim for not being clear on my most recent post but information travels slow here in AIT. My most recent part of information I've gotten is that im officially going to Airborne and RASP its all in place just got to wait to ship date ill be a hold over for a little which is kind of fustrating but at least it will give me more time to prepare myself. I haven't been able to respond as quick as I would like too but I will do my best to come on here as much as I can. Thank you Ranger Jim again for showing intrest.

On another note I've learned the Ranger's Creed (Finally). And in the process of working on the chin-up's.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Pb92A wrote: On another note I've learned the Ranger's Creed (Finally). And in the process of working on the chin-up's.
Now that you learned the Ranger Creed, start living your life by it. As so many of us do. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Pb92A
Embryo

Post by Pb92A »

Roger that Ranger Jim.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Bobea, what is your status? You have not posted in over a month.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”