Introduction

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Exoph
Egg

Introduction

Post by Exoph »

Hi, my names Justin. I'm interested in joining the Army and possibly being a Ranger.
Exoph
Egg

Verification of an AD Ranger

Post by Exoph »

I'm looking to verify someone who claims to be a Ranger with 2nd battalion. His name is (name deleted) and says he is a Staff Sergeant. A lot of guys who want to be Rangers worship the ground he walks on, and he definitely lets everyone know he was a Ranger. That bothers me, a lot of kids who don't know any better parading him around and he doesn't seem like a Ranger at all. he also says he's at USAREC as a regiment recruiter, i'm not sure if that's a thing or not. thanks for any info you can give me!

Admin note: Name deleted by Steadfast.
Do not list names of Active Duty Soldiers on this site. If a Ranger asks for this Staff Sergeants name you may PM (private message) him the information.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Jim »

Justin, Your introduction is unacceptable. You need to tell us who you are, how old you are and where you are living. Do not tell us your full name. Your second post is being held pending your resubmission of an introduction.
Exoph
Egg

Introduction

Post by Exoph »

Hi, my names Justin, I'm 17 (18 at the end of this month), I live in Missouri, outside of St. Louis, and I'm interested in becoming a Ranger.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Exoph wrote:Hi, my names Justin, I'm 17 (18 at the end of this month), I live in Missouri, outside of St. Louis, and I'm interested in becoming a Ranger.
Justin, You are not of FaceBook any more. If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com in their life journey. Please begin by reading the FAQs as well as selected threads and stickies. Most questions you might have are already addressed. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend. Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread within 72 hours. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Exoph
Egg

Post by Exoph »

Friday my two mile run was 13:32
18 pullups
100 crunches

I was originially just looking into the marines so i'm not sure if that's how the Army does PFT's.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Exoph wrote:Friday my two mile run was 13:32
18 pullups
100 crunches

I was originially just looking into the marines so i'm not sure if that's how the Army does PFT's.
May I quote an excerpt from Ranger Jim's post above yours:

Code: Select all

Most questions you might have are already addressed. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend.
I just did a search on google and took the 2nd one of APFT & got a link - which you could have done with some minor research.
http://apftcalculator.com
Always include pull ups with your APFT.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Welcome Exoph.

PM inbound.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140715

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

You are not on facebook anymore. Tell us more about yourself and why you want to be a Ranger.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”