Future in the Army

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

garand10

Future in the Army

Post by garand10 »

Hello everyone, my name is Michael and I'm a freshmen in high school. I'm an army brat that has grown close with rangers and decided I wanted to become an army ranger like the people I've grown up with. I made my decision final when my JROTC instructor ended up talking about serving in Vietnam and different places as a ranger and I was fascinated with the idea of being a ranger and serving my country. I know I can become a ranger if I try hard enough but I'm posting because I have a few questions like is it worth it in the end to become a ranger? From your experience how hard was the training to get where you are today? And finally how is life as a ranger because I heard that you get deployed often but when you come back you take time off equivalent to the time you were deployed and do you have to move often because I plan on having a family too but I don't want to stress my family out with all the moves like I had to go through. Thank you for your time to reply and thank you for your service.

sincerely,
Michael
RLTW!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Future in the Army

Post by Jim »

Michael, Our requirement is that you must be 16 years old. When I was in 9th grade, I was 15 years old. How old are you?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
garand10

Re: Future in the Army

Post by garand10 »

Ranger Jim, right now I'm 15 but I plan on joining either after I graduate or get a degree in criminal justice for when I retire.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Future in the Army is long way off (8 to 10 years)by your wo

Post by Steadfast »

garand10 wrote:Ranger Jim, right now I'm 15 but I plan on joining either after I graduate or get a degree in criminal justice for when I retire.
You missed Ranger Jim's point - under 16 years of age are not permitted to post on our site - standard rule. I'm going to delete your account - but I am going to change your name to garand10.
Two weeks after you turn 16 years old you can come back & reregister as garand102.
Do not attempt to post again - not even to acknowledge what we are telling you.
We look forward to you coming back when you are 16.

Topic will be locked.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”