Letter from the Food Boy (Hopps) (RANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Earthpig
Ranger

Letter from the Food Boy (Hopps) (RANGER)

Post by Earthpig »

Just got the first letter from Hopps yesterday. I'm posting it here, in case any of you want to hear how he's doing.

Ranger EarthPig-

It’s Thursday the 5th. I have been here at Reception for one week now. I have met Hemorrhage, Phulano, Placebo, Madeski, and Garbanzo-Bean. I can’t find ArmyBrat or Scurio. Phulano is a good guy. Placebo is definitely a squared away guy and is focused. Hemorrhage is a good guy too and has his priorities straight.

Well, Reception here is boring as Hell. I am supposed to ship down range tomorrow morning. Cross your fingers! If I have to stay in this place another week I’m gonna be pissed! I just want to start my training and continue my future.

One thing I was proud to be picked for yesterday…..two sergeants came in my barracks and asked for me. I wasn’t worried because I haven’t done anything wrong. Well, they took me to this room in the 30th AG. Then a couple minutes later Hemorrhage came in also. Turns out they chose me and 19 other people from the 30th AG to join the Old Guard (Honor Guard). It wasn’t anything real special. Selection was chose by height, GT score, AFQT score, and weight. They wanted us (about 7 of us) to drop our Option 40 contracts if we wanted to join. Me and Hemo looked at each other and were like, “WTF!â€
Last edited by Earthpig on August 27th, 2004, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Looks like he has his head on straight enough considering you don't know Jacque when you were in Reception.
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

DoorGunner wrote:Whyyyyyyyyyy would he be ashamed of someone going to the Old Guard? :shock:
BECAUSE! Why would you drop a Ranger contract to go there? I call those kind of dudes "Slot burners". The Army only gets so many Option 40 contracts. They burned a slot that someone else (like me) could have gotten when they first joined the Army. What a bunch of fucking fags. Remember when I couldn't even get Airborne? Well it is assholes like them that fuck shit up for everyone else. I only had 2 choices, The 80 Douche Bag or the Old Guard. Ranger would have been nice. I would be a fucking E-7 by now if I could have gone straight to Battalion.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

H8 Train wrote:I would be a fucking E-7 by now if I could have gone straight to Battalion.
Stop it would you? You're makin' me all misty. :cry: :cry:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Thanks for the SITREP EP.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Bell

Post by Bell »

That is excellent. It's great to hear from these guys.

They come on here dumb as mud and juvenile. In just a few months they're Rangers and you can hear the maturity in their posts.

These young men make me proud to be a part of this.

RLTW
Bell
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Spartan wrote:
H8 Train wrote:I would be a fucking E-7 by now if I could have gone straight to Battalion.
Stop it would you? You're makin' me all misty. :cry: :cry:
H8 a Platoon Sgt. If he had a whole platoon he could likely take over a country! 8)
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

EP, as always great job on motivating these guys. Actually that goes out to all of you. I sincerely believe that this site has moeinflience than we possibly ever could know and it's you Ranger's jumping on 'em or building them up that's doing it. Not to mention the assignments. Hell, I don't know how much I've learned researching the topics you all assign these kids. It's one of the many things that make me proud of being associated with you....

Though I may regret asking this, I am curious now. H8 did you do a rotation through the "Old Guard"? Quit throwing shit... I was just asking as your response to DGs question made me curious.

Be Safe All,
usaftacp
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

He sounds like a smart kid. Obviously he can spell, so he will be going to 2nd Batt. EP, let us know how he is doing.
Earthpig
Ranger

Letter from BratAttack

Post by Earthpig »

I received this letter in the mail today from BratAttack:

Ranger EarthPig-

Hello, Ranger EarthPig. I am BratAttack on Armyranger.com. I am in OSUT here at Ft. Benning. My 2nd week is about to start. I got held back on the 6th of August at 30th AG Reception. About 30 of us were held over a week because of so many 18X contracts in our platoon and company.

On the 13th, I arrived here at Echo Company, 1st-50th IN. My platoon is pretty damned squared away. The smoking has been pretty minimal for the past couple days because we are coming together and learning the Army way. We are in a phase called 'total control,' 3 weeks of Drill Sgt.'s 24/7. However, our Drill Sgt.'s are the best in our company. One is an SFC that jumped into N. Iraq with the 173rd Airborne.

It has been lots of fun and I am enjoying myself greatly. We had First Aid training Thursday and Friday and pugil stick fights along with RBM on Saturday. Tomorrow is NBC1 and Tuesday is the Gas Chamber. We also have claymores and Land Nav this week to look forward to.

The only thing I miss is food. We get 6-10 minutes for chow, but I've gotten used to that. I've made friends with 3 other Option 40 contract guys, such as myself. They seem to be the better of the other Option 40 guys. Most will drop out before Airborne.

I PT every night, during soldiers' time, for extra PT. I'm highly motivated and dedicated. Time's ticking for a shower back to the 25 meter target, one day at a time. Take care and take it easy, Ranger EarthPig.

Sincerely,
One highly motivated Private,
BratAttack

PS: I forgot to mention we had hand-to-gland this Saturday. As always, Rangers Lead the Way!!
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Letter from BratAttack

Post by Steadfast »

EarthPig wrote:I received this letter in the mail today from BratAttack:

Ranger EarthPig-

Hello, Ranger EarthPig. I am BratAttack on Armyranger.com. I am in OSUT here at Ft. Benning. My 2nd week is about to start. I got held back on the 6th of August at 30th AG Reception. About 30 of us were held over a week because of so many 18X contracts in our platoon and company.

On the 13th, I arrived here at Echo Company, 1st-50th IN. My platoon is pretty damned squared away. The smoking has been pretty minimal for the past couple days because we are coming together and learning the Army way. We are in a phase called 'total control,' 3 weeks of Drill Sgt.'s 24/7. However, our Drill Sgt.'s are the best in our company. One is an SFC that jumped into N. Iraq with the 173rd Airborne.

It has been lots of fun and I am enjoying myself greatly. We had First Aid training Thursday and Friday and pugil stick fights along with RBM on Saturday. Tomorrow is NBC1 and Tuesday is the Gas Chamber. We also have claymores and Land Nav this week to look forward to.

The only thing I miss is food. We get 6-10 minutes for chow, but I've gotten used to that. I've made friends with 3 other Option 40 contract guys, such as myself. They seem to be the better of the other Option 40 guys
Most will drop out before Airborne.

I PT every night, during soldiers' time, for extra PT. I'm highly motivated and dedicated. Time's ticking for a shower back to the 25 meter target, one day at a time. Take care and take it easy, Ranger EarthPig.

Sincerely,
One highly motivated Private,
BratAttack

PS: I forgot to mention we had hand-to-gland this Saturday. As always, Rangers Lead the Way!!
I high lighted a statement by Brat Attack. He says, " Most will drop out before Airborne." I wonder why he meant this, just on appearance or the fact the rest aren't as motivated as he? I wish he would have elaborated.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Stead,
I can only tell you from my experience (20 years ago), we had 47 "Option 40" contracts in my basic training company and you could just ell. I'm sure they didn't know but those of us who knew our direction could've told you exactly who would be left standing. Out of those original 47, around 20 of us made it to and through RIP. Once we got to battalion the hard shit started.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “Letters from School”