SITREP

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Adam E.
Embryo

SITREP

Post by Adam E. »

Rangers,

I haven't posted here in quite some time due to school work and other priorities. That being said I am now in my final year of ROTC and want to outline my goals for my next few years. After completing OSUT in 2012 I have been serving in a light infantry unit as an SMP cadet. While it has been valuable being on the enlisted side, and currently as a cadet, I decided to change paths. This past fall I was selected Active Duty Quartermaster (my second choice) and will commission in April 14'.

While my passion to serve in the infantry and the Ranger Regiment has passed, I still have a strong desire to attend Ranger school. I want to attain the strongest leadership skills possible and I feel that completing the course will help me greatly in my first assignments as a 2LT. While my priority now is still finishing strong and with good grades I hope to shift my focus back to PT after graduation. This is why I am requesting a later BOLC date. Despite the fact that combat arms hold priority at RS, I am cautiously optimistic that a few slots will be available in the future. I look forward to spending more time on this sight, earning my commission, preparing for BOLC, and hopefully earning a spot to attend Ranger school.

R,
A
"All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty" - Proverbs 14:23

125th IN 2011-2014
10th MTN *2015-
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP

Post by Jim »

Thanks for the update Adam. You will have to request Ranger School as soon as possible and ensure that your PT scores and class standing is top-notch. Good luck in your quest. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Recruitment Process”