One of our mentees is in OSUT

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Re: One of our mentees is in OSUT

Post by GoldCoast »

Vyce - SITREP!
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Great Sitrep . . .keep focused on your goal, now continue your mission.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Got a PM today from Vyce:
Greetings Ranger Jim,

Today marks the final day of week 4. This week we had a 5 mile diagnostic run, 10 mile ruck and a diagnostic apft. I ran a 31:44 5 mile, 336 apft score, and my ten mile ruck was clocked at 1hr and 54 mins (first in the class by about a half mile). So
, so far so good. Next week we start pistols and m4 zeroing. I am extremely excited to start on the m9s, hopefully I can catch on fast!

Other than that we learned about the HMMWVs all week and essentially learned how to pmcs a truck. So pretty uneventful, haha.

3 more weeks until graduation week! 12 total days of actual training... I can't wait to keep pursuing this dream.

-vyce
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Another PM:
Hello Ranger Jim,

I scored a 330 on my final pt test and am entering the final week. We should be receiving our assignments early next week. Talk about nervous! We still have 5 days of training left until graduation day so I'm not going to be letting up. Counting the days!

-vyce
Could not be more proud!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: One of our mentees is in OSUT/RASP

Post by Jim »

Hello Sir,

I apologize for the delay, but I couldn't help but be a little superstitious! I graduated this morning with assignment to 1/75. I can't wait to get to Savannah and start training! It was a long road but I know it's only just beginning. I am ready to earn my scroll every day from this day forth!
Mike, I'm proud of you. The tough part begins now! Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Vyce
Ranger

Graduated RASP

Post by Vyce »

Hello Rangers,

Just posting a brief SITREP to say that I graduated RASP 1 today with assignment to 1st batt. I cannot be any more excited to begin training and move forward with my career.

I want to especially thank Ranger Jim and Ranger GoldCoast for all they have done in preparing me up to this point. They have helped immensely and I cannot be more appreciative of what they have done for me. Thank you to all of the other Rangers who have offered their advice and shown support, for which I am truly grateful.

-vyce
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Graduated RASP

Post by Jim »

Well done! Now the tough part begins. Please stay in touch. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Congratulations Ranger Vyce - well done!

Congratulations to Rangers GoldCoast & Jim.

Ranger Vyce, 3 weeks after you are in your assigned Ranger Battalion send me a PM to remind me to send you a cyber packet.

You can also update your avatar to something more like what you have earned.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Vyce
Ranger

Post by Vyce »

Roger Ranger Steadfast, will do.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Vyce wrote:Roger Ranger Steadfast, will do.
Didn't waste any time, Ranger Vyce!
(Doesn't Ranger Vyce sound great?)
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Vyce
Ranger

Post by Vyce »

Jim wrote:
Vyce wrote:Roger Ranger Steadfast, will do.
Didn't waste any time, Ranger Vyce!
(Doesn't Ranger Vyce sound great?)
It sure does, Ranger Jim!
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

Than you Ranger Jim, Ranger Steadfast and Of course Ranger Vyce ! Nothing but motivation for the people like me who aren't there yet !!
Vyce
Ranger

Post by Vyce »

So, I figured I would post a brief SITREP with a couple of things for the hopefuls along the way:

So far, everything is going very well. My squad and team leaders seem to like me, and I am fitting in well with the guys, as well as a private in Regiment can, that is, haha. Training is very fast paced and very long. However, the time spent at the range isn't spent bullshitting or standing around. Every second of every day contains something that can be learned or improved upon. The second you turn yourself off to new information or lose the drive to learn, is the second you will find yourself on the bus to the RA. Quite frankly, I love my job, this is what I was meant to do and I am extremely happy I made the choice to become a Ranger. All of the BS and standing around, as well as the aches and pains, was worth it, without a doubt.

As for the new guys, new RASP grads, etc.....be prepared to become a subject matter expert on your assigned weapon system within a week or less. If they assign you the SAW, get the TM and engrave every weight, range, rate of fire....everything...into your mind. If you're a grenadier, you will be expected to know round weights/varieties, ranges, rates, lengths, weapon weights, etc, within a week or less. This also goes along with every piece of gear you are expected to put into service. As for the overall FNG period, NCOs smell fear. If you behave like a scared private, they will treat you like one. Now, that does not mean act like you are tough or show up all lax, but act like a grown man, and they will most likely treat you like a one. Other than that, everything that I have read on this site over the past year and a half is entirely true. The days are longer, the weekends are shorter, and the training is faster paced than anything you will have experienced up to that point. But, if you're head's in the right place, you'll love every second of it.

-Vyce
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Vyce wrote:So, I figured I would post a brief SITREP with a couple of things for the hopefuls along the way:

So far, everything is going very well. My squad and team leaders seem to like me, and I am fitting in well with the guys, as well as a private in Regiment can, that is, haha. Training is very fast paced and very long. However, the time spent at the range isn't spent bullshitting or standing around. Every second of every day contains something that can be learned or improved upon. The second you turn yourself off to new information or lose the drive to learn, is the second you will find yourself on the bus to the RA. Quite frankly, I love my job, this is what I was meant to do and I am extremely happy I made the choice to become a Ranger. All of the BS and standing around, as well as the aches and pains, was worth it, without a doubt.

As for the new guys, new RASP grads, etc.....be prepared to become a subject matter expert on your assigned weapon system within a week or less. If they assign you the SAW, get the TM and engrave every weight, range, rate of fire....everything...into your mind. If you're a grenadier, you will be expected to know round weights/varieties, ranges, rates, lengths, weapon weights, etc, within a week or less. This also goes along with every piece of gear you are expected to put into service. As for the overall FNG period, NCOs smell fear. If you behave like a scared private, they will treat you like one. Now, that does not mean act like you are tough or show up all lax, but act like a grown man, and they will most likely treat you like a one. Other than that, everything that I have read on this site over the past year and a half is entirely true. The days are longer, the weekends are shorter, and the training is faster paced than anything you will have experienced up to that point. But, if you're head's in the right place, you'll love every second of it.

-Vyce
Vyce,
My God, you have progressed so much in less than a year-and-a- half. I'm terribly proud of all you have accomplished. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Letters from School”