A Word of Thanks

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

C-MAC
USAF Veteran

A Word of Thanks

Post by C-MAC »

I've been AWOL for some time. Life took over as it often does, things change, etc. Story for another day.

But I am making it a point to come back today and say thanks.

I can't find the post, but I read it here some time ago and it inspired me. A Ranger was articulating how he'd been out of shape for years and was slowly reconditioning himself. Not surprising for the men around here. But age creeps up on us all and makes the effort that much harder. It takes an increasing level of determination, commitment and, yes, inspiration as the years go on.

Bottom line; those words inspired me to get out of a rut and into much better shape. That conditioning not only made me physically better, but also more mentally proficient. It continues to help me cope with much of what life throws at me and trample it- and in these times we all know life can be relentless...

It's easy to become absorbed in the trivialities of life and descend into self pity. Then one day, you look in the mirror and realize a jackass is staring back at you. You can try to convince yourself it's just an illusion, or you can chart a course which purposely leads you to achieve the hard work of transforming back into something that scales mountains, instead of something that blithely pulls a wagon. It's that simple.

This is just one more example that you never know how simple, yet positive accomplishments might inspire others. And they do, Believe me.

Thanks again and whoever you are-at a minimum I owe you a steak.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Re: A Word of Thanks

Post by Flesh Thorn »

A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Steak is fattening :twisted:
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

RangerX wrote:Steak is fattening :twisted:
Aaah, just buy him a beer.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Jim wrote:
RangerX wrote:Steak is fattening :twisted:
Aaah, just buy him a beer.

Steak & a beer or two is more fattening.

I'll skip the steak & have two beers. Salute`

Good on you C MAC.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “The Mosh Pit”