Intro

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

beccaf22
Egg

Intro

Post by beccaf22 »

Hello. My name is Becca and I am new to the site. I am a civilian who is dating a ranger who was active during the '90s. I am interested in several things, but mostly just reaching out to find some information and hopefully understanding. It would be so great to find some old friends for him (although maybe he would disagree lol). I don't know his class but he was apparently an instructor at Camp Rogers sometime in the mid '90s or so... he talks about a guy named Mac (or Max?) who was instructing him or maybe an instructor with him? apparently they were great frenemies... Anyone who might know people from the time or be able to help would be greatly appreciated!! Please pm or something and I will give more information. Thank you all for your amazing sacrifice and I look forward to knowing you better.
beccaf22
Egg

Re: Intro

Post by beccaf22 »

Perhaps more info would be useful. I am not sure how to give details without personal information but afaik he was in the 1st gulf with the 101st and became a ranger after that. He was part of TFR, says Steele "took his rocker" when he went off on him upon return to safety. Some time after that he was an instructor at Camp Rogers and then ended up with the 121st Ga Ntnl Gd Co H. The dates are mostly between late 80s to mid '90s. The guy I speak of above to try and give more context to the dates is definitely "Max" he has a GI Joe doll made after him and is apparently pretty well known... Any guidance on finding more info would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Could you do us a favor and please capitalize Ranger when you type it.

I'm pretty sure most of us know who Max is.

Would you mind PM-ing his name, first and last? I could confirm he went to Somalia and mate put him in touch with some others as well.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
beccaf22
Egg

Post by beccaf22 »

I sincerely apologize for not captializing Ranger. I meant absolutely NO disrespect and I will be sure to do so in the future!!

Information in PM... Thank you very much!!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Have known Max too many years. We can give you more information if your data is correct.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

As I told her privately, no TFR.

Not looking at anything else, since he's a poser.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Please let us know his reaction when you call him out on his lies, which hopefully you already have.

He'll try and back-peddle and say that we're the poser's, that we don't know what we're talking about, that his Ops are Blacker than our Ops, some kind of Secret Squirrel BS Unit, etc., which is Poser 101.

Please also invite him here to plead his case if he's that adamant about his claims and if you're torn about wanting to believe him, we'd love to entertain his thoughts over a glass of good Scotch.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Bump

I'm curious how this went. If somebody went thru the trouble to try and find out what she knew was the truth already, and how she handled it.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

She didn't know. And I'm pretty sure she's gone
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

22 June was the last day she was on the site.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”