Introduction - Robert

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Robert

Post by Steadfast »

Many times when I go get my BP done the upper # goes high around 145 to 165 but bottom number stays between 62 to 72.

Use of salt drives my top # up. My walking briskly keeps my bottom # low. I'm 64. Do you exercise regularly?

In my younger days while having sex & in danger of coming too soon I'd think of Thurmond Munson of the NY Yankees coming to the plate to bat and the time it took him between pitches would save me from coming too fast. Girls love when you last forever.

You need to think of the most boring player (of sport you prefer) you ever saw to slow you down whenever you do BP.
Worst comes to worse, you can always think of Exorcist girl (Linda Blair) giving you head during BP.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Rob114 wrote: Ranger Jim, Thank you for the clarification, greatly appreciated. Don't want to step on any toes while I'm here :)
Not a problem, we try to keep things simple. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Rob114
Embryo

Post by Rob114 »

Hello Rangers,

Foremost I'd like to apologize for being in-active on the forums, I decided to get my act together, and in doing so I removed myself from most technology, excluding perhaps the toaster. I'd like to give an update on my status rep. In 4 months I went down from 256lbs to 212lbs, I also fully qualified and had the blood pressure issue resolved and I'm good to go in that department.

My current PT Score is
Pushups - 70
Situps - 75
2 Mile Run - 14:56

I'm proud that I snapped out of what ever horrible condition i was in before, but still realize I have a long way to go. I'm currently fighting for a 68w contract, as of now, according to my Recruiter there are none available regardless of Opt 4/0. One of the First Sergeants is calling the ROC to "open" a vacancy for me. My understanding now is that the military is greatly downsizing and most Airborne/Ranger Recruitment is down inside of the military now, and are no longer really giving out incentives. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also thank you for your time :)
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Sadly, what you are seeing is all too common right now. Understand that the Ranger Liaison Office at each training site give a pitch to each class and the best performing students are offered airborne and RASP. Others are more current than I am, but you can confirm what I'm telling you by looking at other threads in the introduction forum. Later, the situation may change. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Jim wrote:Sadly, what you are seeing is all too common right now. Understand that the Ranger Liaison Office at each training site give a pitch to each class and the best performing students are offered airborne and RASP.
So "I was recruited in BCT for Special OPS." isn't going to be just for posers anymore.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Rob114
Embryo

Post by Rob114 »

Dear Rangers,

Just when I was losing hope with 68w alone, the First Sgt. Station Commander pulled some strings and got me a 68Whiskey w/ Opt 40 contract, with a ship date sometime in Sept of this Year, it's reserved and I'm going down this Friday to get Airborne Qualified (non-issue) and then Sign the Bloody contract. My happyness/relief right now has no words.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Rob114 wrote:Dear Rangers,

Just when I was losing hope with 68w alone, the First Sgt. Station Commander pulled some strings and got me a 68Whiskey w/ Opt 40 contract, with a ship date sometime in Sept of this Year, it's reserved and I'm going down this Friday to get Airborne Qualified (non-issue) and then Sign the Bloody contract. My happyness/relief right now has no words.
Almost ready for the initial step. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”