I have looked but no answere "security clearence"

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
aahobbs00
Future Soldier

I have looked but no answere "security clearence"

Post by aahobbs00 »

i have wanted to be a Ranger since i was 18 years old, i am now 31 and decided that i want to chase my dream and live my life with no regrets. i just went threw MEPS Monday, 20132503
I knew what i needed to get my option 40 so i made sure my ASVAB and my GT score were high enough, i told the doc to give me an airborne physical, when he was checking me out. I then had some words with the Liaison i told him I know that i am option 40 qualified and that it is what i want, so it would be nice if i got that and what do you know magic it was available.

The only snag I hit was security clearance, I sat down with the security man, and he started his thing, i was un aware what i needed to know. i didnt have all the info on my credit that he needed and well i couldn't go threw with the process bc i didnt wanna give false info. i came home pulled my credit report and gave it to the recruiter to input in my record i now call my recruiter multiple tiems a day to tell them to stop dragging there feet i wanna just drive my self up to MEPS and just walk in there and do it myself (can I do that)

My question for you guys is, How much is to much on a credit check what will send up the red flag?!

I have a couple things on there like my car, and student loans..... only problem is the student loans went to collection and are delinquent
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: I have looked but no answere "security clearence"

Post by cams »

Couple of things;

One, you can start by typing and communicating like a 31 yr old man and not like a 16 yr old boy if you want anybody to even read this drivel.

Secondly, we are not "you guys", we are not your friends and we do not sit around just dying for some drone to ask questions because we are bored to death with our own lives. Doesn't work that way on this site.

Please explain the difference between the words "through" and "threw".

There will be an army of men depending upon clear and concise information being passed, lives will depend on it.

Square yourself away stud before posting again.

Am I an asshole? Yes I am. Am I right? Yes I am.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
PerryB
Recruiting for the Darkside

Post by PerryB »

I spoke to our security manager at my meps and asked him about a student loan in collections. Yes that would stop you from getting a clearance. if you paid it off and showed proof you could still get a clearance. You cannot just go to the meps you must be scheduled through your recruiter.

PerryB
Meps in Texas
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

cams wrote:Couple of things;

One, you can start by typing and communicating like a 31 yr old man and not like a 16 yr old boy if you want anybody to even read this drivel.

Secondly, we are not "you guys", we are not your friends and we do not sit around just dying for some drone to ask questions because we are bored to death with our own lives. Doesn't work that way on this site.

There will be an army of men depending upon clear and concise information being passed, lives will depend on it.

You're a dick. He doesn't have to put up with your shit. The Army will be lucky to have him.

As a cook, or maybe a truck driver...

Nope...Dental Tech. That's where I see this going.
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

When are you going to post an introduction? You are bouncing around and you have not answered the initial question: Who are you?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

I just looked up security clearance (spelled the correct way) & found 575 answers - so you read them all?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

mortar_guy78 wrote:
cams wrote:Couple of things;

You're a dick. He doesn't have to put up with your shit. The Army will be lucky to have him.

As a cook, or maybe a truck driver...

Nope...Dental Tech. That's where I see this going.
I know. I'm working on it. The therapists are starting to pass the word to pull the shades, lock the doors and not let me in. I was doing good for a while but the meds are wearing off.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “Recruitment Process”