Introduction - Jeremiah

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jeremiah
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction - Jeremiah

Post by Jeremiah »

Hello Rangers, Soldiers and others. My name is Jeremiah, I am 33 years old and determined to become a Ranger. This is something I have wanted for a long as I can remember. For some time other priorities came first and I am now ready to do everything it takes to become a Ranger and serve my country.

My PT is pathetic at the moment and that is my own fault. I could blame desk jobs at 60 hours per week, but it was my choice to not run or go to the gym. I will be hard training hard daily to prepare.

Here are my current (pathetic) numbers:
pushups 45
situps 40
pullups 7
2-mile 16:35

So far I have spoken with a recruiter but they are hesitant to send me in for ASVAB due to not wanting to ship for 6 months (PT time) and don't think they will be able to get an option 40 contract. The practice ASVAB showed me as qualified. I will have to wait 3 months before they will proceed as they state I will ship about 3 months after proceeding. I did inquire about DEP but was informed it won't be an option due to being 33.

Thank you for this site. It has been and will be a valuable resource.

Jeremiah
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20130506

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Jeremiah

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Jeremiah. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com on their life journey. Please read all the FAQs as well as select stickies and threads. Most questions have been addressed. Use the search feature, located on the top right of this page. You are correct in stating that you need to work on PT. What skillsets do yu posess? What can you contribute to the unit? You may find this link helpful.

http://www.soc.mil/75th%20Ranger%20Regi ... iting.html
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Jeremiah.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
elgecko
Ranger

Post by elgecko »

PM inbound, Jeremiah.
Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.
-Virgil

E Co, 2/75
RS 2-15
Jeremiah
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Jeremiah »

Thank you for the welcomes Ranger Jim, Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV and elgecko.

I am am great at understanding direction and executing well, planning/project management and anything that in any way interacts with technology. In my professional life people are normally shocked how quickly I pick up anything new. My other major strengths would be that I am really competitive, patient, think well on my feet and have a fantastic attitude. Life can hand me the worst and I naturally find the best in it and charge forward. These traits and skills I believe will allow me to attack the coming challenges and be molded into an asset for the Regiment.

In addition to working on PT, I am researching MOS's now. So far 11X and 13F are on my list and I'll continue looking for other specialties that I am interested in.
11X OPT 40

Jeremiah
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Jeremiah »

SITREP:

I took the ASVAB today. My scores were sufficient. My next step is another meeting with my recruiter next week. I am following the AFPT improvement plan posted on this site with extra workouts if I am not *spent* enough.

Thank you for the welcome Ranger ManchuV.
11X OPT 40

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Jeremiah wrote:SITREP:

I took the ASVAB today. My scores were sufficient. My next step is another meeting with my recruiter next week. I am following the AFPT improvement plan posted on this site with extra workouts if I am not *spent* enough.

Thank you for the welcome Ranger ManchuV.
It's not going to be an easy task to get caught up, especially at your age, but it can be done. Your PT scores need marked improvement to even get close to where they should be.

Push yourself harder than you ever have if you really want this. It's no joke. Men much younger than you find themselves shitting down their own legs and/or puking all over themselves while they run. These Ranger NCO's will push them that hard.

At the same time, you will never find or serve under, better NCO's in any service, than at the 75th Ranger Regiment, period.

It doesn't get easier either, but if you can hang, you will be better for it, in every aspect of life.

Good luck stud.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jeremiah
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Jeremiah »

Thank you for the words of wisdom and encouragement Ranger cams.

I went to MEPS last week and entered DEP with an 11x contract and option 40 with ship date 20130506. I am happy and excited as I have the contract I want but am very concerned about the timeline for PT purposes.

I am running at least every other day and step it up to every day if my legs feel most of the way recovered. I was pushing hard enough to puke the first few runs and feel I am pushing even harder now but my body is waking up and I don't vomit as easily. I'll keep on pushing and driving toward the goal.
11X OPT 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Jeremiah wrote:Thank you for the words of wisdom and encouragement Ranger cams.

I went to MEPS last week and entered DEP with an 11x contract and option 40 with ship date 20130506. I am happy and excited as I have the contract I want but am very concerned about the timeline for PT purposes.

I am running at least every other day and step it up to every day if my legs feel most of the way recovered. I was pushing hard enough to puke the first few runs and feel I am pushing even harder now but my body is waking up and I don't vomit as easily. I'll keep on pushing and driving toward the goal.
At some point, everyone vomits. Lord knows I did. As you progress, you get insights on yourself that you never thought possible. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Jeremiah, congrats on getting your Opt 40 contract.

I've sent you a PM (Private Message) & upgraded your title.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”