Introduction - Omar

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

BitterHop
Egg

Introduction - Omar

Post by BitterHop »

Hello everyone,

My name is Omar. I'm 22 years old, and will be graduating from college soon. After graduation I intend to enlist in the Army with an Option 40 contract. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can from all of you and putting it to good use.

Omar
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Omar

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Omae. Please tell us where you are going to school? In the meantime, read all the FAQs, stickies and select threads. If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take particular pride in the fine young men who have passed through the site on their life journey. Now tell us more about yourself, focus on why you want to be a Ranger.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Omar.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
BitterHop
Egg

Post by BitterHop »

Jim wrote:Welcome, Omae. Please tell us where you are going to school? In the meantime, read all the FAQs, stickies and select threads. If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take particular pride in the fine young men who have passed through the site on their life journey. Now tell us more about yourself, focus on why you want to be a Ranger.
Ranger Jim,
Thanks for the welcome. I'm currently attending Mercyhurst University and will be graduating in March. I was originally going to enlist right out of high school, but like many others of my heritage, overwhelming pressure from my family pushed me in the direction of a college degree first. Now I will soon have my degree, but I never lost the desire to serve. It's something that has been in my thoughts every day.

There are times where I thought about how easy it would be to simply drop out and enlist, but they left just as quickly as they came. Sure, I'm paying my own way through school, but to have simply left would have been an insult to the promise I made to my parents, and to myself. I finish the things that I start.

Why the Rangers? Well, why not? I have always been a highly motivated individual, and I have always loved working with people of the same mindset. I would regret it forever if I didn't take the chance to try and serve my country in one of the most motivated fighting units in the US military. I know it won't be easy, and I know how competitive it is. But how will I know if I have the stones for it if I don't try? Only one way to find out.
BitterHop
Egg

Post by BitterHop »

CharlieRanger1FFV wrote:Welcome to the site, Omar.

RLTW!!!
I missed your post! Thanks for the welcome Ranger Charlie.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

BitterHop

Post by Steadfast »

BitterHop wrote:
CharlieRanger1FFV wrote:Welcome to the site, Omar.

RLTW!!!
I missed your post! Thanks for the welcome Ranger Charlie.
Wow BitterHop, after Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV did a nice job of welcoming you to the site you go ahead and disrespect him by giving him a new name. You even quote the correct spelling of his name and yet you sought a shortcut calling him Ranger Charlie.
One of the most important items in being a Ranger is paying very close attention to detail.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
BitterHop
Egg

Post by BitterHop »

Ranger Steadfast,
Thank you for setting me straight.

Apologies again to you, Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV.

Return to “Introduction Archive”