SITREP /MEPS RENO.....

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP /MEPS RENO.....

Post by Jim »

phrozenone wrote:Rangers,

Greetings, and nice to see this site for the first time on a long while. I'm writing because I stumbled on this post via Google search go fgure lol. I figured I'd better keep my promise.and give an update to anyone interested.

Anywho, I graduate basic an honor grad and graduated ait with high pt award scoring a 351. Got an airborne slot and now I'm here at my airborne unit as an airborne artilleryman. It's funny reading all the above posts and everyone here was right on the money about 13b life so far . We definitely do lots of
wwmaintenece and crew drills all day , and the suck factor is amplified cause were an airborne unit LOL. Right now I'm focusing on basic soldering and mos knowledge because I'm already the the pt stud , and try to learn as much as possible.

However there are.a.couple factors that inspire me, for one, our Battery commander is a ranger and he likes
to send ppl to ranger school. The next ranger pt test is in
August and my goal is to score the highest on it the battalion, and possibly earn a slot as a pfc. I think I have a pretty decent chance at passing ranger school because
of my previous rotc experience which gave me a little more experience in land nav, opord and patrolling than your average pfc. The other good news is that Sf recruiting is pretty close to us, and at some time I'm going to take a trip over there when I feel I'm ready. So basically that's an update on my situation this, far I really appreciate this site I believe it has definitely inspired me to get to where I am now. And who knows maybe ill be wearing the tab one day, thanks again for all your advice and inspiration.
It is not a gift. it is something you earn. Earn this!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

If I were you I would head down to that SF recruiting station ASAP....
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
drona
Egg

Post by drona »

@ Ranger Goon175, quitting does come in many forms..but this aint one of em sir...I may to have to adapt a little but my personal goals are still in tact. First things first I volunteer for Airborne, and Ranger School as soon I can. Possibly Air Assualt as well, and finish up the few semesters I have left in college. After the 3 year Active Duty contract, Ill renlist, more than likely as an 18x. Or Ill look into the Navy.
Hopefully I'm not stepping out of my lane but the guys at NSW have made it clear that they aren't accepting prior service candidates for the SEAL/SWCC programs and probably won't be any time soon. I just assumed by Navy you meant you would look at the SEALs, if you didn't then disregard.

Thought I would point this out since no one mentioned it yet. Good luck!
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

goon175 wrote:If I were you I would head down to that SF recruiting station ASAP....
x2
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

CatFish Driver wrote:
goon175 wrote:If I were you I would head down to that SF recruiting station ASAP....
x2
X3
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
phrozenone
Tadpole

Post by phrozenone »

Rangers,

Once again I appreciate all of the advice and motivation, I am constanty reaevaluating planning on to what my next move should be and I take all of everthing I read here into consideration, while also learning from past experiences. Right now I am just taking it day by day, step by step, with my next small battle being Soldier of the month board lol which is next month. Once again I thank all of you for what you do and inspiring me, I will post again once I do something worthwhile.
Ship date: 20111011
phrozenone
Tadpole

Post by phrozenone »

Rangers ,

I Will be attending on SFAS the 24th nov. So far ive just been running and rucking my ass off, but witjin the next week ill start shifting more towards land nav.
Ship date: 20111011
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

Make sure you go and piss excellence there. You already are all-too-familiar with the alternative.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater

Return to “Recruitment Process”