Enlistment with waiver ( knee scope) and still get a shot?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
kp25
Embryo

Enlistment with waiver ( knee scope) and still get a shot?

Post by kp25 »

Greetings Rangers,

I have not posted for a while but I was offered an 11x option 40 about a year ago that was contingent on me passing the airborne physical after basic. Although i got into the army, I was dq'd at the meps airborne physical a for having osteoarthritis in my right knee. Which doesn't bother me or slow me down.

After heeding the advise from a few Rangers that gave me very in depth responses on how it seemed like a shady contracted I passed it up.

I have been going through numerous hiring processes for border patrol, lapd, and the background checks are taking years, literally, 25 mons into CBP hiring process. Needless to say, I'm 28' working at a bar, I'm tired of waiting.

I'm a glutton for punishment and cannot really imagine doing anything else's than trying to see if I have what it takes to do be an Army Ranger, or get into SF.

Is it ignorant to think I can enlist as an 11x with a waiver and bust my a** and PT so well, and shine at basic that the waiver won't matter and still get a shot at ranger school or selection without ranger school or SF in my contract?

Thank you to anybody who took the time to read this and even more thanks for any informed responses.

Kp25

KP25
11x opt 40
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Enlistment with waiver ( knee scope) and still get a sho

Post by Jim »

Welcome, you hve your work cut out for you.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
kp25
Embryo

Re: Enlistment with waiver ( knee scope) and still get a sho

Post by kp25 »

Ranger Jim,

Thanks for the response. Basically I have arthritis in my right knee. It's a little stiff sometimes but so is my good knee. after showing a certain amount of aptitude while in service would I possibly get a chance at rasp or selection even with a meps disqualifying condition.

Thanks again

Kp25
11x opt 40

Return to “Recruitment Process”