Introduction-Brian

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

BTMcD92
Egg

Introduction-Brian

Post by BTMcD92 »

Hello my name is Brian and I am a junior in college.

When I graduate I want to become an officer and eventually become a Ranger. I have been doing a little research and I have noticed that there are pretty slim chances for an officer to make it as a Ranger. I joined this site to pickup any advice on how I can prepare myself for OCS and eventually RIP. To be honest I am not completely sure that would be the option I would take (or if it is even right) so I guess I am also seeking guidance on the best path I can take.

I have been working every summer since I have been in the 6th grade and I know desk jobs and the white collar world is not for me. I can only see myself joining the military and since I will be receiving a degree in two years I feel like the best path for me is to become an officer. My ultimate goal is to become a Ranger and as I said before I know it is pretty hard in general to join through enlistment and even harder by being an officer. That being said I am open for any sort of advice as I will also be searching throughout this website myself. Thank you.

Also I am going abroad this semester and I plan on become pretty articulate in a "critical language." Is language proficiency wanted for Rangers?

-Brian
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction-Brian

Post by Jim »

I share Ranger ZoneIV's comments. There are a fair number of enlisted members of the 75th Ranger Regiment who have their undergraduate degree. I was a Staff Sergeant with over six years service when I went to OCS -- but no degree. I had a confidendce and maturity that many of my peers lacked. Things worked out for me and I was selected for degree comletion based on my performance as a platoon leader.
BTMcD92
Egg

Re: Introduction-Brian

Post by BTMcD92 »

Ranger Jim and Ranger ZoneIV,

I appreciate the advice. By no means do I think I will become an excellent officer just by obtaining my degree. I know I will have to work hard and prove myself before I will even be considered to become an officer. Thanks again and God bless.

Return to “Introduction Archive”