Introduction- Matthew

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Potential
Egg

Introduction- Matthew

Post by Potential »

Greetings and thanks to all Rangers. I have a deep appreciation for everything you stand for. I recently graduated college at 22. I am looking at starting a career. I was originally heading toward law enforcement but I didn’t think my goals/ambitions would be satisfied.

My Uncle is retired AF and he deploys regularly. He was stationed with Rangers and talks highly of each and every one of them. He pointed me in the right direction and been diving into as much information as possible. This site is tremendously helpful in my quest for knowledge.

I used to weigh about 325lbs about 7 months ago. That is until I started my new life of fitness. I have since lost about 90lbs. I am weighing in at 235 right now but I work out 4-6 times a week. A combo of MMA, and running mixed with healthy eating is the key. I know how important PT is to becoming a Ranger and I want you guys to know I take it seriously. I know I am far from where I need to be but I will get there. I will not quit.

My current PT is
52 pushups
56 sit-ups
16:30 2 mile

I am going to take advantage of the great fitness advice on the site. To ensure I will be ready.

I have been talking with the recruiter for about 3 weeks and I am heading to MEPS on Tuesday to take ASVAB and Physical. I will secure 11x option 40 and enlist.

When it comes time I will be ready.

-Matthew
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: Introduction- Matthew

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Matthew. There is a lot of good info about preparing yourself for your journey.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site, We take pride in the fine young men who pass throught armyrager.com on their life journey. Read all the FAQs, stickies and select threads. The search feature, located to the top right of this page is your friend. Most of the questions you may have are not new, they have probably been addressed already. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Potential
Egg

Post by Potential »

Thank you Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV and Ranger Jim.

Return to “Introduction Archive”