SITREP- Lennie Small

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Lennie Small
Inprocessing

SITREP- Lennie Small

Post by Lennie Small »

Graduated with my Bachelors a month or so ago, saw the recruiter and told him that I was ready and that I'd take an 11x or an 11x Opt 40 if he could find one. Lo and behold last week he calls me up and says that not only did an 11x pop up, but an Opt 40 with it! He reserved it for me and I filled out a mountain of paperwork in the mean time. I went to MEPS the first time last Thursday but due to a paperwork SNAFU I basically was relegated to twiddling my thumbs in the lobby for 10 straight hours and went back home. Left again Sunday morning, got shuttled up to the hotel and went to MEPS this morning, took the ASVAB (140 GT), got my regular and airborne physicals, med screenings and swore in all on the same day. My Ship date is 20130122. I will be training hard in preparation.

Thank you Rangers and others that contribute to this site for all your help, the knowledge here has been invaluable.
A co 3/75

If one's sword is broken, he will strike with his hands. If his hands are cut off, he will press the enemy down with his shoulders. If his shoulders are cut away, he will bite through ten or fifteen enemy necks with his teeth. Courage is such a thing.-- Hagakure
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP- Lennie Small

Post by Jim »

We try. Now the tough part begins for you. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Recruitment Process”