Hi

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

erikjh
Inprocessing

Hi

Post by erikjh »

Looking back, I am sure most of us can come up with a time or two that the proverbial "fork in the road" couldn't appear clearer. Just before graduating RIP (back when it was hard), I was in the group going to 2/75. I had had enough of Georgia and didn't think Savannah would be much better than Columbus. 1/75 needed more bodies and only a few of the 2/75 guys volunteered to make the switch. RIP Cadre came out and had seen that there were still too few 1/75 fellas and a simple question was asked: "who had family around Lewis?"

Now I am not saying I lied or even strecthced any truths, but those that raised their hands knowing "they wouldn't keep us from our loved ones in WA" were watching the sun rise ON THE ATLANTIC.

Happy to be here and like some other members, found this by accident. Thanks for your time. -RLTW
B Co 1/75 '97-'00
RS 07-98

"If you have eaten the poison, you might as well lick the plate."
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Hi

Post by Jim »

erikjh wrote:Looking back, I am sure most of us can come up with a time or two that the proverbial "fork in the road" couldn't appear clearer. Just before graduating RIP (back when it was hard), I was in the group going to 2/75. I had had enough of Georgia and didn't think Savannah would be much better than Columbus. 1/75 needed more bodies and only a few of the 2/75 guys volunteered to make the switch. RIP Cadre came out and had seen that there were still too few 1/75 fellas and a simple question was asked: "who had family around Lewis?"

Now I am not saying I lied or even strecthced any truths, but those that raised their hands knowing "they wouldn't keep us from our loved ones in WA" were watching the sun rise ON THE ATLANTIC.

Happy to be here and like some other members, found this by accident. Thanks for your time. -RLTW
Welcome, tell us more about yourself...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
erikjh
Inprocessing

Post by erikjh »

Thanks for the welcome.

There is something about GA I can not escape for long. After batt, I went local PD for a few years and got out of GA never to return. I started working for a DOD consulting firm in DC and ultimately returned to GA working for DHS, where I have been for the past three years. Kids, check. Second wife, check. And completely boring!
B Co 1/75 '97-'00
RS 07-98

RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

erikjh wrote:Thanks for the welcome.

There is something about GA I can not escape for long. After batt, I went local PD for a few years and got out of GA never to return. I started working for a DOD consulting firm in DC and ultimately returned to GA working for DHS, where I have been for the past three years. Kids, check. Second wife, check. And completely boring!
What part of Georgia are you in? A lot of us roaming around in the ATL metro.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
erikjh
Inprocessing

Post by erikjh »

Brunswick, which sits on the coast an hour south of Savannah, an hour north of Jacksonville.
B Co 1/75 '97-'00
RS 07-98

CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Hi

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Erikjh.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

erikjh wrote:Brunswick, which sits on the coast an hour south of Savannah, an hour north of Jacksonville.
there are a few Rangers in that AO as well.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
erikjh
Inprocessing

Post by erikjh »

I have linked up with a few down here and had participated in a Special Operations Wounded Warrior event earlier in the year. In addition, for the last seven or eight years, a few 2nd PLT types have been rallying in different cities on Veterans Day. This one will be in Key West, FL.

I haven't got the details other than that, but will find an appropriate forum to post it should any others want to show up.
B Co 1/75 '97-'00
RS 07-98

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

erikjh

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome Ranger

PM inbound.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69