How to get to RASP after my intial enlistment

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

speak of him
Future Soldier

How to get to RASP after my intial enlistment

Post by speak of him »

Hello,18 years old joined the Army a couple of months ago. i decided to join the military my sophomore year in high school and then dedicated two years of my life to it (joining my high school Track,wrestling,cross country team) but i initially wanted to join the Marine Corps, it was not till i talked to an army recruiter that i learned about the 75th Ranger regiment upon initial research i had decided the rangers were something that i had wanted to be apart of.But unfortunately i was not lucky enough to get a option 40 Contract (scoring a 55 on the ASVAB with a GT of 110) my recruiter did everything he could to help me secure it but the army was not offering me anything close to what i wanted. So i signed a 3 1/2 year active duty contract as 13 Bravo (cannon crew member) with an option 4, i head to Fort Sill,OK for OSUT and then Fort Benning for airborne school.But unfortunately My MOS cannot serve in the regiment, so i plan on re-enlisting after my 3 years and re classing as either a 11B or 13F, but im not sure if i will be able to go to RASP when i re class, any general advice on what i should do to get to RASP
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: How to get to RASP after my intial enlistment

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome
Moving your post to civilian introduction forum.
We do not yet consider you to be a Soldier until you have completed your MOS training.

I can not tell you what you need but I can tell you that you can not keep the site name you selected until you have actually earned it.
Send me a PM (Private Message) with a list of (no less than) 4 possible names (in preferential order) & I will see what is available.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Introduction Archive”