Sam Elliot on slow government response!

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Pop
Ranger Parent/Moderator

Sam Elliot on slow government response!

Post by Pop »

While hiking down along the border this morning, I saw a Muslim extremist fall into the Rio Grande River . He was struggling to stay afloat because of all the guns and bombs he was carrying.

Along with him was a drug smuggler who was also struggling to stay afloat because of the large backpack of drugs that was strapped to his back. If they didn't get help, they'd surely drown.

Being a responsible Texan and abiding by the law to help those in distress, I informed the El Paso County Sheriff 's Office and Homeland Security.

It is now 4 PM, both have drowned, and neither authority has responded. I'm starting to think I wasted two stamps.
2/75 Dad
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Sam Elliot on slow government response!

Post by Steadfast »

Pop wrote:While hiking down along the border this morning, I saw a Muslim extremist fall into the Rio Grande River . He was struggling to stay afloat because of all the guns and bombs he was carrying.

Along with him was a drug smuggler who was also struggling to stay afloat because of the large backpack of drugs that was strapped to his back. If they didn't get help, they'd surely drown.

Being a responsible Texan and abiding by the law to help those in distress, I informed the El Paso County Sheriff 's Office and Homeland Security.

It is now 4 PM, both have drowned, and neither authority has responded. I'm starting to think I wasted two stamps.
Those two stamps help to pay the Postal Workers Health Plans.
Thank you very much.
APWU & NALC., etc., etc.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Stead, I think they pay for the postal workers retirement and they have all retired. Last week I got back two letters that my business mailed 28 MONTHS before. No wonder postage is so high......we have to pay for storage!!

Got back a Christmas card a couple years ago in JUNE. It had a PO Box number and a street address, both of which were correct. It was marked, "Not deliverable as addressed".

My favorite postal story is actually a joke I THINK. Guy was applying for a job at the post office. Supervisor said the job was 8 to 5, five days a week. When the applicant said he was a Vietnam Purple Heart winner. the supervisor ask how he was wounded. The vet said he had stepped on a land mine and lost both testicles. When the supervisor hear this, he hired him on the spot. Told him to be there at 10 AM the next morning. The applicant said he thought the hours were 8 to 5. The supervisor said that for the first two hours we just stand around and scratch our nuts so there is no point in you being here till 10 AM.

Don't be offended Stead, I know you never scratched your nuts on the job! :lol: :lol:
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Ranger Ron wrote:Stead, I think they pay for the postal workers retirement and they have all retired. Last week I got back two letters that my business mailed 28 MONTHS before. No wonder postage is so high......we have to pay for storage!!
I commend the Post Office for returning your letters, better than tossing them out.

Got back a Christmas card a couple years ago in JUNE. It had a PO Box number and a street address, both of which were correct. It was marked, "Not deliverable as addressed".
I've heard of those reasons. Those are automated responses or the closest rubber stamp to the lazy or light duty clerk/carrier

My favorite postal story is actually a joke I THINK. Guy was applying for a job at the post office. Supervisor said the job was 8 to 5, five days a week. When the applicant said he was a Vietnam Purple Heart winner. the supervisor ask how he was wounded. The vet said he had stepped on a land mine and lost both testicles. When the supervisor hear this, he hired him on the spot. Told him to be there at 10 AM the next morning. The applicant said he thought the hours were 8 to 5. The supervisor said that for the first two hours we just stand around and scratch our nuts so there is no point in you being here till 10 AM.

Don't be offended Stead, I know you never scratched your nuts on the job! :lol: :lol:
Ron I never had to - I've always used anti itch (Desitin Foot) powder since I got jungle rot in RVN. Medicated powder on the balls burns.
:mrgreen:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Steadfast wrote:
Ranger Ron wrote:Stead, I think they pay for the postal workers retirement and they have all retired. Last week I got back two letters that my business mailed 28 MONTHS before. No wonder postage is so high......we have to pay for storage!!
I commend the Post Office for returning your letters, better than tossing them out.

I've heard of those reasons. Those are automated responses or the closest rubber stamp to the lazy or light duty clerk/carrier

Ron I never had to - I've always used anti itch (Desitin Foot) powder since I got jungle rot in RVN. Medicated powder on the balls burns.
Did it keep you from getting athlete's balls? :wink:
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Ranger Ron wrote:
Steadfast wrote:

Did it keep you from getting athlete's balls? :wink:
You know those Geisha Girls . . . while on R & R in Tokoyo, circa 1969.
Cost big money - for 24 hours.

Hey I read the USPS won't be able to make pymts to retirees.

Post Office Might Miss Retirees' Payment

While lawmakers continue to fight over how to fix the ailing U.S. Postal Service, the agency's money problems are only growing worse.

The Postal Service repeated on Wednesday that without congressional action, it will default—a first in its long history, a spokesman said—on a legally required annual $5.5 billion payment, due Aug. 1, into a health-benefits fund for future retirees. Action in Congress isn't likely, as the House prepares to leave for its August recess.

story
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”