Army Ranger pt test scores

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Altair1017
Embryo

Post by Altair1017 »

Hello Rangers, I am 18 years old and currently in the process of enlisting with a 11x option 40 contract, my recruiters have informed me it could be 2013 before I am able to get that contract. So in the meantime I am putting my head down and going at my pt at 200 mph. My question: what are the scores of some of the Rangers on this site and also some of the younger Rangers you might know? I just want to aim for the best of the best. I've seen all the "recommended scores" out there on other sites but I want to know the actual top scores of the Army Rangers out there, even if I won't be at your level anytime soon. Thank you. And thank you all for your service.
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: Army Ranger pt test scores

Post by Baseplate »

If you score 100 on every event you will have no problems
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Baseplate wrote:If you score 100 on every event you will have no problems
Classic. This should be a stickie.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Altair1017
Embryo

Post by Altair1017 »

Understood Ranger Baseplate and Ranger Cams. Thank you
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Altair1017 wrote:Understood Ranger Baseplate and Ranger Cams. Thank you
Ranger Baseplates answer may have sounded sarcastic, but it's actually very sage advice young man. I laughed to myself because it's just plain simple.

As the Ranger Creed states, "100 percent and then some."

Let's say the standard is only 80%, would you train only to make 80%? Why stop there and cheat yourself?

You should start to get in that mindset now bud, "100% and then some."
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

I know it shouds all dickish but if you were training for the Olympics you wouldn't train to a certain time. you would train to do as good as you possibly can. You are now training for your Olympics
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Altair1017
Embryo

Post by Altair1017 »

Wow I never thought of it like that. Thank you Ranger Cams and Ranger Baseplate. I will train then for the best score I can achieve and ensure that that score is equivalent to a gold medal. I have to ask, with a 300 will I be competing at RASP? I don't just want to survive I'd like to thrive. Thank you
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

You will literally think you're going to die from PT at RASP. Those Ranger NCO's could outrun a herd of antelope.

Which is why, again, Rangers give 100% and then some and don't know the meaning of the word "quit".

Whether you thrive or not is in your hands from here on out. All depends how hard you push yourself. If you're not puking or shitting during your runs, you ain't pushing hard enough. And that's not meant to be a joke.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

If you can do 100 PU and 100 SU by the 1:30 mark, you should be good. The run should be sub 12. This is on an easy PT test with plenty of rest.

When the hard PT test comes, without plenty of rest, and with a grader counting every other PU and SU, you'll have a nice buffer.

So, after your chest and ab workout, knock out 100 straight of each. After you are smoked, go do a 2 miler.

300 is just the max. Most PT studs in the army are 300+ on the extended scale. In plain old Infantry land our top guys were at the 360 to 370 range. I'd say that's in line with the more elite guys out there as well.

Basically - the PT test should be an easy day for you. You never know when you'll have a bad day, and you'd hate to come up 1 short.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

My platoon Sergeant in Battalion went to a selection and scored a 586. He's currently a Division CSM.

But what you have above is accurate.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Altair1017
Embryo

Post by Altair1017 »

Thank you for the advice and info Ranger Cams, Ranger PocketKings and Ranger KW Driver. Ranger Cams lets just leave it at I push myself hard :) Ranger KW Driver a 586 in the 3 event APFT ? I was lead to believe the record was 402. 586 is amazing...
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Altair1017 wrote:Thank you for the advice and info Ranger Cams, Ranger PocketKings and Ranger KW Driver. Ranger Cams lets just leave it at I push myself hard :) Ranger KW Driver a 586 in the 3 event APFT ? I was lead to believe the record was 402. 586 is amazing...
I know of the man her refers to, and I can assure you it is absolutely no fucking joke. The person in question is a machine when it comes to PT. I had the good fortune of training under him and can say I was in the best shape of my life when It was done.

Baseplate's statement is also correct. Those that can make it and maintain in a Ranger Battalion are in the shape of highly trained athletes. Your "top score" is how much work you are willing to put into it.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Altair1017
Embryo

Post by Altair1017 »

Ranger The Sleepy Doc, that is awesome. I did some numbers and that is over 142 push ups, 156 sit ups in 2 minutes, and under a 8 minute 2 mile (based off the 17-21 age group, and I believe the standards raise slightly in PU and SU at the next 2 age groups). That would be a great opportunity to train under him. I hope I am not forgoing protocol. But I'd rather ask here than start another thread. I have researched this and couldn't find the answers I was looking for.

Is (or will) RASP 1 be using the new 5 event pt test, the one with the long jump, 60 yard shuttle and shortened 1.5 Mile run? And also when will the scoring scale be released? I ask out of curiosity, I am training for those events no matter what. Thank you
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Altair1017 wrote:Thank you for the advice and info Ranger Cams, Ranger PocketKings and Ranger KW Driver. Ranger Cams lets just leave it at I push myself hard :) Ranger KW Driver a 586 in the 3 event APFT ? I was lead to believe the record was 402. 586 is amazing...
Hey bud, what you think is "pushing hard", will make being chased by a hungry Cheetah look easy when you're confronted with a handful of RASP NCO's. Their sole purpose is to make young men quit until they decide who is worthy of one more day of training, and they are very, very good at what they do.

Less "wondering" and posting for a while. More PT, more studying and researching on here, and secure your contract before worrying about how high someone else's PT scores are.

Trust me when I say, you're not even close yet.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Return to “About Army Physical Training”