PT questions/help

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
goflyakite
Egg

PT questions/help

Post by goflyakite »

To all the Rangers that happen to read this: This is my PT plan that I sat down the other day and wrote out for myself that I wanted to ask a couple questions about before I got too far into it. My first is how often can I incorporate rucks into my plan, while running 5-6 days a week, without hurting myself or tearing up my feet too much before I ship out? I would also like to know if there is anything important I am leaving out, or if I am doing anything that will get me hurt.

EVERY DAY
50 Push ups/flutter kicks before bed/after waking up(increase by 10 every week)

Upper

2-a-days M-F, Sat is PT test, Sunday is off day

pull ups (use rope or rings)
push ups
dips
flutter kicks/scuba kicks/sit-ups/ other variations
medicine ball- throws, slams, squats,running
san angelo bar- shoulder exercises
(use weighted backpack for some, wear boots or ankle weights for flutter kicks)
Saturday is PT day (easy day)

Lower
Monday through Saturday

M-run with medicine ball (2mi, increase by ½ mile each week)
T-3 mi run (timed, increase by 1 mi. each week)
W-Interval runs/sprints
Th-speed miles (do 3-4 miles, with several minutes rest between each mile, do each mile as fast as possible)
F- LSR( recovery, go slower than is comfortable, 8-9min mile pace, do for 6-8 miles, maybe more)
S- timed 2 mile

SWIMS-T and Th at Talquin (try with boots and long pants sometime)

RUCKS

Ruck w/o #1. 1st Sgt Murphy put it out for the Ruck Challenge. Start Prepping. Otherwise the Gig Pit !
Here is a start to prep for the big day.
5 Rounds- 60 Second Recover between. Drink Water
20 Pushups
25 Situps
30 Flutterkicks (4 count)
25 Scuba kicks
20 Pushups
25 Situps
50 Squats
25 High knees
20 pullups palm in. 1 Extra pullup for the Ranger in the sky.
Drink Water
3 Mile Ruck in 1 hour w/20lbs, for weight go buy big bags of rice and double bag them. Build the weight up, next week 30lbs. Water, hydrate yourselves.

RASP 12 WEEK PLAN-USE FOR W/O IDEAS
http://www.scribd.com/doc/53526614/12-W ... ning-Plan2

I have started doing everything twice a day. (For example, I did a two mile run w/ the medicine ball, then did another one later on in the day.) There are also a couple things that are not a 'part' of my workout, but I copied and pasted from different websites so I could reference them for ideas. (such as the ruck workout at the end)

I apologize for the long post if it bothered anyone, I don't know how to add 'spoilers'. I have also gone through the threads in this section and worked some of the advice given to other DEPs into my plan; I'm sorry if I missed anything there.
20120723 - Ship date
goflyakite
Egg

Re: PT questions/help

Post by goflyakite »

Ranger schibbs and Ranger ManchuV, thank you both for replying. I'm less than a week into this so I haven't yet had a chance to seriously hurt myself, but I noticed my push ups had fallen off and my three mile run today was also much more difficult than normal.

I do have a question about the swimming, since I've only recently started ( I haven't yet tried with boots and pants, but I thought it might be a good idea to try to.) Today I went for a much longer swim than I normally do, a couple slow 100yard warm ups, follow by a long slow swim, I'm not exactly sure how long, but I lost track at 300 yards, and then ended with a few fast-ish 50 yard swims with a quick rest in between each one. By the time I got home my whole body was sore and achy, and I felt mildly feverish (the symptoms have since gone away, except for a little soreness, which I'd expect). Have either of you felt similar to that after a long swim like that? Or does that sound like a result of dehydration/pushing myself too hard after surgery? I only had my wisdom teeth pulled, and I only get some soreness in my jaw if I'm not taking pain meds so I felt fairly confident I could start working out again.
20120723 - Ship date

Return to “About Army Physical Training”