Coloreds and Whites in Ranger Bat -

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
jcfenner
Embryo

Coloreds and Whites in Ranger Bat -

Post by jcfenner »

I can't make much of the racial mix in the Ranger Bats or of the quality of soldiers in todays' military - I am too many years seperated from the military to offer up comments on that. I can state that as a LRP in Vietnam, and as a member of B/75th at Ft. Carson after 'Nam - we had a good many black ad non-white members. Each was as important to the mission and as much a member as the white members. We did not have time, and it was not the place for - racism and bullsh*t. Native Americans, Hispanics, Guamanians, and Black (excuse me, "african-americans") - all did the same job, all deserved the same respect, and all had to rely upon each other to make it back. All LRP's and RANGERs! Airborne... The blacks got along just fine in the canals and river crossings by the way...
O/75th Ranger Reg (Abn) 69 RVN; B/75th Ranger Reg (Abn), Ft Carson '70-'72; F Co 51st Inf (LRP) Abn, '68-'69 RVN
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Already been discussed

Check it out:

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic. ... tes+blacks

BB 8)
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Hey Jim, you've been around a while but never posted an Intro (not that I can find). How about posting an intro so we know who we're talking to and we can get you verified and into some of the Private areas of the sight.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”