MEPS/Inprocessing question

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
goon175
Ranger

Re: MEPS/Inprocessing question

Post by goon175 »

I believe the bare minimum is photo ID and Social Security Card for shipping. If he did not have his HS Diploma at DEP in, then he will need to bring that as well. If he did not have his Birth Certificate at DEP in, he would need to bring this as well. Now, he only needs to actually ship with his photo ID and SSC, so after the guidance counselor verifies the other documents, you could probably just take them home with you when he heads off to the airport (if you will be at MEPS with him when he ships).

PerryB is a member here, and an active guidance counselor, he could give you the most accurate info on this topic.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
goon175
Ranger

Re: MEPS/Inprocessing question

Post by goon175 »

Well, I can only speak for myself, but one of my guys is shipping tomorow, just dropped him off at the hotel tonight, and all he has is his ID, soc sec card, and debit card.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “Recruitment Process”