Introduction-drastic (split by request)

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
drastic
Embryo

Introduction-drastic (split by request)

Post by drastic »

Rangers,

Ever since I did my initial self administered PT, I've been dealing with knee and quad pain/tightness. I have lowered the amount of running I am doing but the pain persists. I am not sure if I should take a hiatus from running all together or take it slower? The pain only happens while I run and lasts for about an hour after I finish.

Could my leg workouts be contributing to the pain/tightness I feel while running?

Any advice on how I should proceed would be greatly appreciated.
drastic
Embryo

Introduction-drastic

Post by drastic »

Ranger Lunch,

Thank you for the feedback. At this time, I feel that my legs are lacking conditioning. I will look at that RASP training workout and focus on the warmups and cool downs.
drastic
Embryo

Introduction-drastic

Post by drastic »

Ranger Lunch,

That icing protocol sounds like a great idea! I'll search for how long to do it. I'm going to try this for a few weeks and see if I see a difference before seeking medical advice. I haven't ran in almost 6 years, but played sports up till freshmen year in HS, so I'm hoping my legs just need some conditioning.
drastic
Embryo

Introduction-drastic

Post by drastic »

Will do, Ranger Lunch.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction-drastic (split by request)

Post by Steadfast »

done.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
drastic
Embryo

Per Ranger Lunch's instruction

Post by drastic »

I did some searching around for an icing protocol and found that I should ice for 10 minutes at a time and to let my skin return to room temp before I reapply the therapy. I could do this several times a day.

I ran yesterday with a different pair of shoes, and haven't worked my legs out in a few days and noticed a dramatic difference in how my legs felt while running. I will continue this and try the icing for a few weeks and report back in.

Return to “About Army Physical Training”