Veterans for Ron Paul march on Whitehouse

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Veterans for Ron Paul march on Whitehouse

Post by Jim »

Steadfast wrote:Army Reserve reprimands soldier who spoke in uniform at Ron Paul rally

Published Friday Mar 30, 2012 / Fox News

IOWA CITY, Iowa – A soldier who went on national television in his military fatigues to endorse Ron Paul's presidential campaign after the Iowa caucuses has been reprimanded but not dismissed from the Army Reserve, a spokeswoman said Friday.

The Army determined that Jesse D. Thorsen violated policies that bar soldiers from participating in political events in their official capacities or while in uniform. Experts say a reprimand may become a problem if Thorsen seeks a promotion or could be used to justify more serious punishment if he gets in trouble again.

Read more:
The regulations forbid us from political activity in uniform. Nothing new here,
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Found this clip entertaining and informative:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khtuO-2h ... re=related
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

TC204 wrote:He's being railroaded. He just spoke in front of 10,000 at UCLA last night, and no it wan't covered either. I will NOT give up on RP, I think he's the only way this country will be fixed. If he stays on the GOP ballot I'm voting for him in November, If he's a 3rd party candidate, I'm voting for him, if he's not on the ballot at all I'm writing him in. Everyone that loves the USA should do the same.

While I wholeheartedly understand your sentiment and loyalty, I cannot understandf the folly of voting for someone who has "no chance". None. Brother that's a wasted vote and a vote that could help put Obama back on the streets where he belongs. I know it looks like its gonna be Romney and I am not crazy about him either, but the alternative, the risk, is too great to even comprehend.

If Romney was smart.......................... he'd pick a guy like Rubio or West to be VP, make Santorum his Secretary of State and Ron Paul would be Secretary of "Kill the FED, lets get this country back on track" or a "Save America Czar" if you will :wink: 8) :lol:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"

Return to “The News Dump”