Ranger contract?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
goose21
Embryo

Ranger contract?

Post by goose21 »

hey fellow Rangers, im nick im 19 and im trying to get into Ranger school. I scored a 80 on my ASVAB and perfect 300 on the PT test, the only thing is my recruiter has been telling me that the Ranger contract is too hard to get that my best bet is to go to the basic in Bening and tell the Drill Sargent i want Ranger. It doesnt seem like it would work but the head recruiter keeps nagging me to get in and now hes saying that i can do Special Forces because its easier to get in a contract and then go Ranger once you pass selection, but i want a definite shot at going through Ranger school. What should i do? i didnt sign a contract yet or go to MEPS
goon175
Ranger

Re: Ranger contract?

Post by goon175 »

Well since Ranger School isn't offered as an enlistment option, and never has been, I would say you may have a difficult time.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
goose21
Embryo

Post by goose21 »

No iam not a Ranger. i've been training for the past 8months to try out and it seems now my recruiter is just dicking me around with the whole contract, and every time i say i dont want anything but 11x contract opt 40 hes says he cant get it so im gonna find another recruiter to talk to.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Let's see....
~ Capitalized Ranger - Plus 1 point
~ Didn't capitalize ANYTHING else - minus 5 points
~ Writes like a methed out bonobo with access to a selectric - minus 10 points
~ Refers to us as "fellow Rangers" when fuckwit hasn't even joined the FUCKING ARMY - minus 3 trillion points

Let's see if your math skills surpass your writing skills. Your next post might better be a longwinded apology.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “Recruitment Process”