Introduction-Joe

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

WannaBe2982
Egg

Introduction-Joe

Post by WannaBe2982 »

Hello, my name is Joe, I'm a 29 year-old husband and father (of 3) living in St. Louis, MO and I have been dreaming of joining the Army, becoming a Ranger and serving my country for several years now. I have been an avid CrossFit athlete for 2.5 years now and previously I played football and rugby in high school and rugby in college. I have self-administered the 2-2-2 APFT have scored 70 push-ups, 80 sit-ups and my 2 mile time is just under 14:00. I am planning on signing an 11B contract with an Option 40.

I would first like to thank all of the current and past Rangers for your service to our country and to thank the administrators of this site. Also, thank you for allowing me to be a part of this on-line community; I have been reading and learning so much over the last day and I greatly appreciate all of the information and answers you have provided. However, I seem to have a question that I have not found answered. I just spoke to my recruiter and he says that all of the Option 40 contracts are being reserved for "the younger guys out of high school who are gung-ho and ready to kill right away." To put it frankly: this made me VERY angry. He also told me that if I just go 11B, I can always try to get accepted to RASP in the future (which, from what I've gathered here, is basically a good way to wave good bye to my dreams of ever becoming a Ranger). I've been reading on here that I shouldn't let up on the Option 40, and I don't plan on it. I just wanted to see if he was blowing smoke, or if this is the real-deal. Does the Army save the Option 40's for "younger guys"? I feel like being my age gives me several advantages over younger recruits and it seems a bit short-sighted to me. Any info or help is extremely appreciated!!

I hope this intro/question wasn't too long. I'd just like to get this all figured out ASAP. Thank you, again, for the website and your service. I am focused on my task-at-hand and working hard to join your ranks......soon.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction-Joe

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome

start here

Pm inbound.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID