Introduction - Cory

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

CBrenn02
Future Soldier

Introduction - Cory

Post by CBrenn02 »

Rangers,

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for not only your dediacted service to the greatest Country in the world, but also for the service that you provide to future candidates.

My name is Cory. I am 20 years old and a college senior at the University of Wisconsin. I, like many others, am interested in EARNING an 11x opt 40 contract. I am currently actively talking with my recruiter on a weekly basis. We recently just finished up my packet and all that is left to do now is secure a job. I have no medical problems, require no waivers, have no moral issues other than two traffic citations, and am in very good physical shape. I have been very forward with my recruiter since the initial phone call that I want 11x opt 40. Serving in the 75th has been a goal of mine since I was a kid listening to my Grandfather's old war stories. I understand the value of hardwork. I graduated from high school in May of 2010 and will be graduating from college in December of 2012 with an undergrad and two minors. I always expect the best out of myself and it is the reason why I have been able to stay in school continuously while all my frineds are home on break or out on the weekends.I know you may be reading this thinking there's no way that's possible but believe me it has been A LOT of hardwork to keep my GPA very high while also working two seperate jobs. Currently, I am just within the 365 day Future Soldier DEP dates. My recruiter and I are looking at a possible leave date in Jan 2013 , a month after I graduate. However, this isnt possible without a job secured. He wants me to reserve a job before sending me to MEPS in the beginning of January. I have searched all over this forum but have not found an answer to a specific question. Seeing as I will be DEP for roughly a year how possible is it that I will be able to secure an 11x opt 40 contract without having to wait for the new FY to start October 1st. The contracts are out there, I know they are and so does my recruiter, he said it is just a matter of finding one through either his portal, ROC, or MEPS. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. If needed I will repost my question in the recruiting forum.
"I promise you, I will never quit."

11x Opt. 40
SHIP DATE: 20130108
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Cory

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome.

Headover to Recruitment Process Forum - there is much for you to read & plenty of your time to read it.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Introduction - Cory

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Cory.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Welcome to the site.

I graduated UW in '68.

IF you get an Option 40 I claim first choice on mentoring you. You must then make time to work on a "short course" at my location in northern WI.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
CBrenn02
Future Soldier

Post by CBrenn02 »

Rangers,

Thank you for the welcoming.
Lefty wrote:Welcome to the site.

I graduated UW in '68.

IF[/b] you get an Option 40 I claim first choice on mentoring you. You must then make time to work on a "short course" at my location in northern WI.

Roger that Ranger Lefty. I'm currently scheduled to meet with my recuiter 20120111. I'll be posting a SITREP soon after my meeting.

Eyes are on the prize,
Cory.

11x Opt. 40
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Cory, you are one fortunate young man. Don't waste this opportunity. Ranger Lefty is one of the best men I know.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CBrenn02
Future Soldier

Post by CBrenn02 »

Jim wrote:Cory, you are one fortunate young man. Don't waste this opportunity. Ranger Lefty is one of the best men I know.
Roger that Ranger Jim. I'm honored to have this opportunity with Ranger Lefty in front of me. It gives me that much more of a reason to persevere and earn an 11x opt 40 contract.

Cory

11x Opt. 40

Return to “Introduction Archive”