Introduction- Blackrambo92

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Blackrambo92
Egg

Introduction- Blackrambo92

Post by Blackrambo92 »

Hey all,
I am Blackrambo92, I hail from northern VA. Right now I am a sophmore student at a local college. I have enjoyed my time there, but have found myself lurking on this site as well as a number of other SOF sites. I have finally decided to enlist and tell my parents of my rue ambitions. They think I am crazy for giving up college,I have all A's, for a combat MOS. I haven't told them I want to be apart of the hardest, best trained unit in the military, A Ranger LRS unit. Well I am really interested in RRC, but that's much much farther down the road. I want to be behind enemy lines gathering intel on the enemy while also being part of something bigger than myself. (I also want to go to HALO school!)

I currently run 2 miles a day (15:30) can do 61 pushups in 2 minutes and 15 chin ups. My 2 mile time will improve when I get the alcohol out of my system as well as all the junk food and other bad habits I took from college.

I live near Quantico marine base and have met a few Rangers. From what I have collected from my encounters with them,ones physical tools only helps them with he mental aspect of the training. But overall, as one Ranger put it, you have to have the right "mindset". So, when the shit hits the fan you'll know if its for you. You have to keep a good mental attitude and have the physical traits to make it through the training and also have that "don't quit" mentality.
I understand what it takes to make my dreams a reality, so now all that's left is to go out and do it.

http://www.lrrpranger.org/featurearticl ... RKAROL.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - stories like this keep me motivated and heighten expectations for myself.

(Name deleted by Admin)
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction- Blackrambo92

Post by Steadfast »

excerpt of Blackrambo92 wrote: I have finally decided to enlist and tell my parents of my rue ambitions. They think I am crazy for giving up college,I have all A's, for a combat MOS.
Welcome Blackrambo92.

Rangers main theme are not quitting in everything you do, including finishing college presently.

Getting rid of bad habits, drinking & junk food is not a good thing. If you get a DUI you can forget the Rangers.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Blackrambo92 wrote:Hey all,
They think I am crazy for giving up college,I have all A's, for a combat MOS. .

(Name deleted by Admin)

Well I certainly admire your ambitions..................... BUT............. your parents are right! With all due respect, I think you would have to be outta your flippin' mind to give up college with those grades to be a grunt. I don't see the US runnin' outta wars anytime soon. Finish what ya started and perhaps we'll allow you to serve in our beloved Ranger Regiment someday as a an O (or a well educated NCO :wink: ). Best of luck to you either way.
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
Blackrambo92
Egg

Post by Blackrambo92 »

To be honest, I didnt really want to be there. I was always pushed to further my education, but last semester I realized that this is my life, so fuck school right now. I think about SOF all day anyway. I talk to my army friends who work with SF guys, I stop army guys in the mall who sport have a maroon beret just to ask them why they didnt go SF or Ranger. A common theme with them is "that's just not what they want to do". well, this is what I want to do so Im dropping my balls and Im going for it, I have already made up my mind.
When I run, I always push myself to go great distances because my goals for myself are very high. However, I think I may have done more harm than good. Two nights ago I decided to run home from my job at the mall. Its approx. six miles. My left knee was in alot of pain the folowing morning (it still is) my kneecap and the side of my knee are very tight. I caught myself limping at times yesterday. I have decided to let it heal before doing anything strenuous to it, but, im injured still. My question is will this prevent me from achieving my goals? Ive read stories of guys "toughing it out" and I could will myself to the finish line. but my left knee seems like my achillies heal. Is there anything i can do to make my knee less vulnerable?
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

College now seems your best bet.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Steadfast wrote:College now seems your best bet.
X 2! :wink:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"

Return to “Introduction Archive”