INTRODUCTION

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

lilwillieb67
Egg

INTRODUCTION

Post by lilwillieb67 »

howdy Rangers ! First and foremost, I am a Veteran, but NOT a Ranger, nor do I pretend to be. I enlisted in the mid 80's went to Harmony Church infantry and had a contract AIRBORNE CMF11, Unassigned Ranger. I went through my basic and ait and Airborne school with the same group, (oset) and I coaxed alot of guys to wave their nice contracts to Germany and Italy ect, to follow me to the 1/75th were I had recently received orders for. I however, had a family emergency and was sent home at the end of my 2nd week of jump school. My FRIENDS however went on to the 1/75th and 2/75th. I have always felt an enormously close bond with any Ranger, that was all I ever wanted to be. Unforseen circumstances can't be helped. I tried to re-enlist and even wrote a letter to President Clinton and the Head of recruiting for the Army at the pentagon when a local television station showed clips of operation Gothic Serpent on public t.v. I was infuriated and no prior service was being accepted. Well, after 9/11/01, I didn't have that problem, I was alot older, but immediately allowed to re-enlist, ( reserves this time) and served in a chemical unit and immediately requested Ranger school(Denied) and then allowed to transfer to the nasty guard so that I could go back to the Infantry in hopes of being released to go active, which I was . I was released to active duty with 101st Abn, and then fate again stepped in and I was disabled prior to orders being cut, I was discharged under Honorable conditions,not fit for retention, Since I was 17, I wanted to be a Ranger, maybe in the next life, Hooah, Rangers Lead The Way ! Sua Sponte!
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: INTRODUCTION

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776

Return to “Introduction Archive”