meps sitrep

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
goon175
Ranger

Re: meps sitrep

Post by goon175 »

Good job! you will be able to get into contact with the Ranger liason at airborne school to get a RASP slot if your recruiter cannot get you one before you leave.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

ZoneIV wrote:You have taken the first step which most young men in this Country will never take. You have plenty of time to prepare yourself for the task ahead. Use your time wisely and do not let it slip away. There will be no excuses for not getting it done and achieving your goals.

What Zone IV said above is some good advice young Stud. Your PT looks respectable, but just so you know, it ain't gonna cut it. Set your mind right now to make a change in your life to live and breath Ranger (Faster, stonger, smarter.... on all things RANGER). Wish you all the best Buddy!
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

xnickx wrote:Thank you for the responses Rangers. I'm confident with my run times but need to work on my sit ups and push ups. I started the push up improvement plan this week. My recruiter loaned me his ruck sack. I'm going to start with rucking 6 miles with 30 pounds once a week. I'm not sure if that is enough distance. Happy Thanksgiving.
So what are you saying? That Ranger Colt1rgr doesn't know what he's talking about? Because that's how it comes across.

Trust those that have been there and done that, your run time needs work, a lot of it, and it always will to stay on top of the hill.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Willy_P
Ranger

Post by Willy_P »

Run faster than yesterday and slower than tomorrow. Good luck.
RASP #08-11
RS #04,05-13
HHC, 3/75 MTR.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Willis wrote:Run faster than yesterday and slower than tomorrow. Good luck.
Listen to the advice Ranger Willis just provided. He is a graduate of the last RASP class.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Recruitment Process”