Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

lchammer4
Egg

Introduction

Post by lchammer4 »

Hello, I am Clay Hammer. I spent 6 years in the National Guard as a 25F(Signal) 01/24/2004 - 01/24/2010. I started with the 138th Signal Battalion, moved to PA with the 28th Signal, moved back to Indiana and finished with the 76th Infantry Brigade. I am now commissioned with the US Army Cadet Corps, a youth education/career exploration program that allows young people the opportunity to see what service is like in the US Army and explorer a variety of career options in the Army. Our young people drill just like a National Guard or Reservist and train anywhere from 2 - 8 weeks during the summer.

I joined the Guard with the intent to one day go Active and retire from Active Duty Service. During my first couple years in the Guard, I was working with Recruiting and started a Explorer program at our Guard Armory. We gave young people the opportunity to find out about the Guard and do the HOOAH stuff. I felt that this was good, however, the kids deserved more. While at AIT at Fort Gordon I was doing research to make our program a better option for young people and to give them that real feel. I found the US Army Cadet Corps, at the time American Cadet Alliance, which was founded in 1909 that served the youth of America. Since my degree was in Education, I felt that this was my calling. Not only could I teach the youth of America to become better citizens, I could teach the youth a passion called the Army. Giving me an opportunity to teach the skills, discipline and brotherhood that I found in the Army to youth was better than teaching general subjects in a school.

I have now been with the organization for 5 years, full time for 4. I am a full time non-paid employee, my compensation is with room and board. This is my passion and I wouldn't ask for anything more.

I am here to hopefully form bonds/friendships with fellow Veterans and find more mentors for youth. We have many young people that have the passion and desire to one day become US Army Rangers. If there are those on here that have a passion to teach and mentor then I need you, check that, the Cadets involved in our program need you.

I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this board and want to thank each of you for your service to our great country.

Very respectfully,

L. Clay Hammer
Captain, US Army Cadet Corps

"Hardcore or Out the Door"

Return to “Introduction Archive”