Introduction - Kevin

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Utare
Egg

Introduction - Kevin

Post by Utare »

Hello Rangers,

First I would like to thank you for allowing me to take part in the discussions on this board and to take part in the knowledge you have to offer. I will be the the first to admit that I will most likely do much more reading than posting (as i have been doing for a few months now).

A little about my background: I'm 25 and graduated from college with my bachelors 3 years ago. I have since spent the last 3 years working full time as a chef in a very nice restaurant and as much as I do enjoy cooking I have known for a long time that I wanted more from both my life and myself. I come from a military family where everyone of my uncles and aunts and both parents have either served or worked for (as civilian contractors/government service) some branch of the military (Army, Navy, CG, and Marines). I am currently in the process of dealing with a recruiter and have found a lot of the advice I have read on this website to be extremely helpful in my dealings with the recruiter.

Thank you again Rangers for your time and willingness to share your knowledge with a future hopeful such as myself.

Regards,
Kevin
All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in world is for enough good men to do nothing. ~Edmund Burke
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Kevin

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome Kevin.

Please post your PU/SU, pullups (palms facing in) & a timed 2 min run say by next 30 Oct 6 pm so we can have a baseline.

Read everything in Recruiters and Schools - Q&A

and familarize yourself with: About Army Physical Training
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Utare
Egg

Post by Utare »

Rangers,

I apologize for the delay in my response, work has kept me extremely busy as of late as well as studying for and taking my ASVAB.

As far as my stats go they are as follows:

PU (2min):83
SU (2min):92
Pull ups: 11
2 Mile run (which is what i assumed you meant): 14:17

Also I took my ASVAB yesterday and got back my preliminary scores. I got a 95 as my composite as well as a 132 on my GT. I can post my full results if requested.

Thank you Ranger Steadfast I will be sure to read over the info that you posted.

Regards,
Kevin
All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in world is for enough good men to do nothing. ~Edmund Burke
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Since 1976 when the 2d Batt cooks won the annual "best mess hall in the army" award, Ranger cooks have taken the best care of their troops. Not as glam as blowing in doors, perhaps, but still an important job. As well, there probably isn't any other place in the army where the cooks train on fast ropes, breaching and all the other cool stuff. Probably never get to go out on target, but there isn't likely to be a better place to be a military cook.

Then again, you might just be looking to do something in the army that you don't get to do in "real life", like shooting taliban savages.

Those are good PT scores, you'll find that a RASP instructor's idea of good form will probably result in a much lower count than yours. Make sure your form is perfect army, and not what you think it is.
At least you're used to long hours and dirty work.

Welcome to the site.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “Introduction Archive”