Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

TRex
Egg

Introduction

Post by TRex »

Hello Rangers,

I have been religiously using the search function on this website for the past year and it has been an invaluable resource for me-and as such, it has really helped me follow through and answer questions about my path to becoming an army ranger. A little bit of info about me-I am 32 years old and have been working in the corporate world in the past 11 years. I have a great job that pays well however, I don't believe it is my true calling. If I am fortunate enough to become an army ranger, it will satisfy my obligation to serve my country, the need to challenge myself, and also to bring me and my family a great sense of pride. I have met with a recruiter and will be processing at MEPS sometime next week-the MOS that he has reserved is 25c (with an Option 40). My ASVAB score is 98 with a 128 in the GT portion.

Probably a little bit more information than you care to read but I just wanted to really articulate my goals in becoming a ranger. I am mentally prepared for the sacrifice of being away from my family and abandoning my career. I realize it is not a very popular choice for people like myself (and at my age) and often get criticized by colleagues and the like (and sometimes even by my own family). This will be the toughest journey in my life but with the resources available here coupled with my determination and work ethic, I believe I have an opportunity to succeed.

Thank you all for your service to our great country.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Introduction

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Trex

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Jim »

Welcome...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
TRex
Egg

Post by TRex »

Thank you, Ranger ZoneIV, Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV, and Ranger Jim . Ranger ZoneIV, you are absolutely right. There is no reason for the oversight. It will not happen again.
abnhawk
Ranger

Post by abnhawk »

I couldn't resist:

Welcome to the site :D
C 3/75 89 -91
RLTW!
TRex
Egg

Post by TRex »

:lol:

Thanks Ranger abnhawk, for the welcome-and yes, that shirt would probably be fitting as my push ups need improvement. I am currently at 62. Sit ups=70, 2 mile run=14:46, Chin ups=15

Return to “Introduction Archive”