Introduction-Rob

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

phrozenone
Tadpole

Re: Introduction-Rob

Post by phrozenone »

Ranger goon175,

I actually had both a college loan repayment and an option 40 both in my contract initially. However I wasnt scheduled to MEPS on time and my slot was lost (had I known about that time frame I wouldve really bugged my recruiter to get me there in time) soo....by the second time around there were no option 40's available and i didnt feel like waiting any longer I already had been in this process for about six months so I snagged the 11x and got the ball rolling.

Also, I didnt know changes could still be made to my contract, is that considered a RENO? how do I go about this? is it up to the liaison at MEPS when I ship? And if so , will it have any effect on my ship date because thats the most important thing, Id rather keep my contract as is, than to be delayed for any reason. Thanks.
Ship date: 20111011
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

having those things added won't change your ship date.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

but, you may be a little late in the game getting them added if your shipping in 2 weeks...
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
phrozenone
Tadpole

Post by phrozenone »

Ranger goon175,

Im counting down the minutes believe me ... and I definitely will discuss that with my recruiter in person on Thursday, and go from there, . .if not, my plan of obtaining at least an airborne slot at OSUT is still in tact. Thanks, Ill let you know what they said.
phrozenone
Tadpole

Post by phrozenone »

Talked to my recruiter today, and he affirmed what you said Ranger goon175, just said to talk to the liaison at MEPS. So thats what I am going to do.

Thank you, for the heads up.
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Just talked to the Ranger liason yesterday. Doesn't sound like you should have any issues picking up a Ranger contract while in OSUT, just make sure you have a PT score that supports your request for a Ranger slot.
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
phrozenone
Tadpole

Post by phrozenone »

Ranger goon175 Im very grateful for all of that, really I appreciate it...I now have COMPLETE confidence in my plan of earning a RASP slot at OSUT, and I will definitively stay squared away with PT and everything else. Now, I'd better get a head start on memorizing the Ranger's Creed, and the Infantryman's Creed. 11 days and counting..
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

You don't have the Ranger creed memorized yet? ........
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
phrozenone
Tadpole

Post by phrozenone »

Ranger goon175, funny you said that sir, to be honest I wasn't planning on memorizing word for word the whole Rangers Creed until about midway through basic when I got a sense of how things were going to turn out slot wise....guess I can chalk this up as an early lesson in initiative. I WILL have it memorized before I ship.
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

That is exactly the kind of mind set that will get you in trouble down the road. Whenever possible, take the initiative as opposed to waiting to be told to do something. For instance, instead of being one of those guys who complains about not passing his PT test to get into RASP b/c the PT in OSUT wasn't hard enough....just take the initiative and do PT on your own at night in the barracks. Then you won't be one of "those guys".
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “Introduction Archive”