SITREP-Dcal7

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
dcal7
Future Soldier

SITREP-Dcal7

Post by dcal7 »

Rangers-

I have six weeks left here at Fort Sam in 68W AIT. I just got my PT up to what should be a 325 (haven't gotten the official score back yet) and am at the top of my class with respect to GPA. I'll be participating in the Best Warrior competition here. I don't have an Opt 40 but do have airborne. After taking the Ranger PT test that my platoon sergeant is going to give us, I hope to be given a shot at trying out. I have a lot to improve on (run and obstacles), but trying to stay optimistic.

Thank you for the information on this site that helped me find my way here.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP-Dcal7

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP. Continue to prepare yourself so that if the opportunity presents itself you will be prepared. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
dcal7
Future Soldier

Post by dcal7 »

Thank you Ranger Jim,

I also have a question. My platoon sergeant says he's "working with us" (me and the other few guys trying to get a slot) and is going to give us a PT test at the end of cycle but he has never given us a packet to fill out. I always heard that there's a packet you fill out (read it on this site and heard it around here). If he hasn't given us a packet, does that mean he isn't really trying and I should find another sergeant to help? He seems uninterested in general, I went to him to correct my PT score after showing him it should be extended scale and he told me it doesn't matter and basically kicked me out.
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Maybe you should go to the 75th Ranger Regiment's web page and print out the packet for 68W's in AIT. Seems like the easiest course of action to me....
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “Recruitment Process”