SITREP for Praetorian

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Praetorian
Future Soldier

Re: SITREP for Praetorian

Post by Praetorian »

Lunch wrote:That sucks, but as you said, you're still in the course. What did you learn from this? What are you going to do to protect yourself in the future, given that you will likely be more prone to heat injury from now on?

On a positive note, as a recycle, you will now have the opportunity to learn even more before heading into the real word; and as an added bonus, you'll also get to meet a whole new group of friends. Recycling sucks, but it ain't no big deal unless you make it one. Now, drink some water and finish it.
I learned a lot from this situation and nothing the Rangers on this board don't know. I honestly don't know what happened but I have talked with the doctors/cadre etc and I am correcting what needs to be corrected. There is no excuse the facts show the truth...I didn't keep up with hydration. I was told I will go back to SUT in October but there are a lot of factors whether it's October or November either way I can't wait and I continue to give everything I have.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Praetorian wrote:
Lunch wrote:That sucks, but as you said, you're still in the course. What did you learn from this? What are you going to do to protect yourself in the future, given that you will likely be more prone to heat injury from now on?

On a positive note, as a recycle, you will now have the opportunity to learn even more before heading into the real word; and as an added bonus, you'll also get to meet a whole new group of friends. Recycling sucks, but it ain't no big deal unless you make it one. Now, drink some water and finish it.
I learned a lot from this situation and nothing the Rangers on this board don't know. I honestly don't know what happened but I have talked with the doctors/cadre etc and I am correcting what needs to be corrected. There is no excuse the facts show the truth...I didn't keep up with hydration. I was told I will go back to SUT in October but there are a lot of factors whether it's October or November either way I can't wait and I continue to give everything I have.
I'd say there is a good chance that you didn't drink enough water
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

I always found it funny how one person can tolerate the heat better than another and vice-versa. One of my friends who is still in and has been to Iraq several times practically needs to use a 5 gallon jerry can on his back for hydration. I, however, was one of those cats who could get by with just the 4 quarts in my canteens during a 12 miler. One thing is for sure, you have to be religious with the hydration from now on. Good luck with that & be smart about it
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Medical recycle is honorable. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Recruitment Process”