12B Combat Engineer

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Siggy305
Egg

12B Combat Engineer

Post by Siggy305 »

Rangers,
To all the brave, and honored Rangers that have served our wonderful country in the past, and present. You all have earned so much, and I have so much respect for you. Growing up, I've dreamed of earning the Ranger Tab and serving with America's best. I do have a question, I am currently in the United States Army as a 12B Combat Engineer. I will be heading to Sapper school soon. My overall goal is to become a Ranger and serve with the best. I have spoken to a recruiter while I deployed. I asked what is the exact role of a Combat Engineer in the Ranger Regiment. He did not really know, so my question is what roles do Combat Engineers play as Rangers? Thank you for you time.
The Heart of a volunteer, can never be matched
-ME
goon175
Ranger

Re: 12B Combat Engineer

Post by goon175 »

I have never personally seen a 12B in Batt., but I hear they have one SFC slot per batt., basically to work in S-3 and be in charge of putting in orders for demo. The slot may exist, but I never saw one.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Didn't see the other post, go post an intro! why did you post this again when the first one was locked!?
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Well, now, I guess you do not understand that you are a guest in our home. I can keep locking threads until you learn to respond to counseling. You are at risk of being banned unless you post an introduction.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Recruitment Process”