Jarheads

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
SouthWind
Future Soldier/ 18 Series

Jarheads

Post by SouthWind »

Greeting Rangers from Uncle Sam's Misbegotten Children,

Thank you all for your immense sacrifice, skill, and service to the defense of our nation.

It is my understanding that many Marines end up going to Ranger School. Being a Ranger has always been a dream of mine, but so was being a Marine, and being a Marine logically; seemed a more attainable goal. My question to you Rangers is, what kind of Marines have you seen coming through Ranger school? Are they all typically Force Recon, or MARSOC types or did any Marines have any other MOS. I ask this in attempt to better my chances of getting sent to Ranger school before my contract runs out. I appreciate your help in advance, I've asked several Marines about this but I usually get a Motard answer, like "Why would you wanna be a Ranger? Ranger School is like Basic Training or MCT..."

Again, Thank you all for your hard work and dedication.

Semper Fi
Worldweaver
Ranger

Re: Jarheads

Post by Worldweaver »

What the Fuck?!! You were on here last year saying that you had a 18x contract and was shipping in Sep '10. Now you show back up saying it's been your lifelong dream to be a Marine. Quit wasting our fucking time and go back to your video games.

Oh...and Semper Fi to you as well, Dipshit!!
Go Tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie.
--Simonides

Bco. 1/75 2006-2010
RS 06-08
SouthWind
Future Soldier/ 18 Series

Post by SouthWind »

I backed out of the contract because of some pressing family issues at the time. When I tried to ge back in the DEP I lost the contract, such is life.
Worldweaver
Ranger

Post by Worldweaver »

Oh, I'm sorry family issues...

Fuck Off!!!

"My Granddad was in the Army and always sung the praises of the Green Berets and Rangers"...and now you "have always wanted to be a Marine". You want to be a Marine, go be one but don't expect the men on this site to hold your hand every time the wind blows and you drop contracts.

Go back to bugging the guys on the Marine boards about how to get to Ranger School!!
Go Tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie.
--Simonides

Bco. 1/75 2006-2010
RS 06-08

Return to “Recruitment Process”