Officer and Ranger?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
ChipOnShoulder

Officer and a Ranger

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

I tried that once and that one year was harder than the entire four years in Batt. :evil:

But seriously. To be a Ranger and an officer you have to do several things different than just enlisting at the recruting center for a Ranger contract.

Here it goes in order the best I can put it-

All routes need a four year degree

Route #1: in order - West Point, Airborne School, IOBC, Ranger School, Assignment in an airborne outfit, make 1st. Lt. and then if all the stars are alligned and you have not fucked up along the way go to ROPE then Batt. or Regimental HQ.

Route #2: Go to a military college or civillian college, ROTC then the rest of the above.

Route #3: Go to college, enlist, OCS then from IOBC the rest of the above.

Route #4: Enlist, Go to college/West Point-(depending on age) either follow Route #1 or Route #2 or #3.

The best would be to enlist first, go to Ranger Batt. get all your schools Qualifications first. Then go the officer route. People will respect you more, you will have a better idea of how shit is run. You will get more pay. And you an always say you knew what it was like at the bottom when you were at the top.

If I had to do it all over agian I would do it like the above.

Doc Cook
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

syphon, read the rules and post an intro in the correct section.
Last edited by Flesh Thorn on July 29th, 2004, 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
SRR2R
Tadpole

Re: Officer and Ranger?

Post by SRR2R »

syphon228 wrote: I know it's a stupid question, but everywhere I look
Clearly you did not look everywhere, or you would have read the FAQ's that require you to post a proper introduction prior to any posts. Search harder. Every week, someone comes around here asking about serving as an officer, ROTC, OCS, etc. Use the search button at the top of your screen and post a proper introduction to avoid smoke.
"Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier..." - Samuel Johnson

From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.
-Matthew 11:12
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

:?
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

That is RANGER Cook to you Syphon. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: You better get with the program real quick.
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

syphon228 wrote:Alright, how many pushups, sir?
Don't act stupid ! The rules are that you address everyone on this board with RANGER under their avatar as RANGER so and so not "Sir". I haven't checked yet, but you better have an introduction posted in the correct section or bye-bye.
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

syphon228 wrote:Alright, how many pushups, sir?
Young man you are obviously confused. This is an Army Ranger site, we take the matters that occur here seriously and we expect our "visitors" to do so as well. There are certain expectations that we expect our new members to perform. I would strongly suggest that you comply with these rules. It is obvious to me that you were somewhat amused by my fellow Ranger and Brother Flesh Thorn's response to you.

Let me make this clear so that you don't get confused as to were you are and what we as Rangers are all about.

We as either Active Duty or former U.S. ARMY RANGERS tend to be very serious and diligent in the matters that affect our unit, members of our unit, the defense of our country, and the dedication that is required of every Ranger to maintain the standards which we uphold.

If you are curious about being a Army Ranger, you had better show this site and ANY RANGER the proper respect! Personally I don't believe you realize where you're at or who you're dealing with, because we don't play games with people, we don't have time to babysit you, nor will we tolerate a great deal of your immature BULLSHIT!

YOU EITHER COMPLY WITH THE RULES OF OUR SITE OR LEAVE!

Now Post an Introduction about yourself, your interests in life, military etc, and move on.

OR continue to mouth off and face the consequences.

This is the link: http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3642

I suggest you read it and follow those instructions.
YOUR GETTING VERY CLOSE TO THE EDGE.........HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS COULD BE YOUR FINAL WARNING
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Return to “Recruitment Process”