When to pack?

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
PFC.One3Fister
Inprocessing

Re: When to pack?

Post by PFC.One3Fister »

To answer my own questions.. Our cell phones will be policed up for the entire 8 weeks or training and I CAN keep the hair clippers. All of you Rangers are correct on not bringing anything extra. They will however hold your high dollar value items (ie. Laptops & DVD players) in a safe place until your done training. I can give an updated packing list if requested.
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

When to pack?

When she throws all your crap on the front lawn. Better yet, maybe slightly before that...if you see it coming. :shock:

Oh wait, wrong thread.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
krazy33
Embryo

Post by krazy33 »

I am currently in ABN hold for one more week, and could beneifit greatly from an updated packing list for RASP. If anyone reading this gets an opportunity, it would be an immense help. It sounds like I wont need half the crap that I have accumulated during abn hold and OSUT. Thanks.
11C
Airborne Class 28-11
RASP Class 08-11
3rd Batt. 75th Ranger Regt.
HHC
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

ZoneIV wrote: You were just whining how you couldn't do PT at BAC holdover in another thread.
:shock: :roll: Say what!?
Hey prospect, if you have enough space to lay down and sleep, then you have all the gym you need: do your PU, SU, crunches, jump rope, pull ups etc right in your own space. Run the stairs in the barracks if you must remain in the AO.
Regiment is looking for problem solvers. Try to be one.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
krazy33
Embryo

Post by krazy33 »

Roger that Rangers. Thank you for your responses. I have been getting my PT in whenever cadre will allow. And often when they're not around. And i do understand what you mean Ranger K.Ingraham about being a problem solver. I make continuous efforts to do just that every day.
And RangerIV, I did request to see the Ranger liason in OSUT, and was told by my BC personally that he would handle it after two failed prior attempts. They brought out a Ranger recruiter who was far more interested in getting volunteers than anwering questions from those of us with contracts already. so...not the end of the world. They will tell us what we need when we get there, and I'll send sensitive items home after airborne.
Again, thank you to both of you for taking your time to read and respond. haha, it did really sound like I was whining a bit after re-reading my posts. Thats enough out of me. I'll post sit-reps from airborne. Thank you.
11C
Airborne Class 28-11
RASP Class 08-11
HHC
krazy33
Embryo

Post by krazy33 »

First week of Airborne down. Now onto tower week. Sad to say, the standards here arent what I had hoped they would be either, and I'm seriously beginning to understand what everyone means about "DO YOUR OWN PT". Fortunately we have a lot of resources in that particular department. Multiple 1 mi tracks, pullup bars, the Smith Gym. As well as plenty of time to use those resources. Overall, so far, airborne school is pretty exciting. The anticipation of jumping from the C17 is increasing. And watching people lock up in the doorway of the 34' tower was pretty funny too! So far so good...hotter than hell. Heat Cat 5 by lunch almost every day now. But the heat isn't that bad, again I think it's the rules of this whole, "new army" that sergeant airborne keeps referring to. The "new Army"...a "softer" Army. All we gotta do is, pay attention, be where your supposed to be, when your supposed to be there and keep those feet and knees together...and of course...DRINK WATER! Too easy.
11C
Airborne Class 28-11
RASP Class 08-11
HHC
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

krazy33, I sent you a PM that you have yet to open
dated: Sent: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:54 pm

Read it and heed.

Never quit.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
krazy33
Embryo

Post by krazy33 »

Roger that Ranger Steadfast. Thanks again for reading and correcting.
11C
Airborne Class 28-11
RASP Class 08-11
HHC

Return to “About RASP”