How fo i know when im ready?

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
errie806
Embryo

How fo i know when im ready?

Post by errie806 »

I'm 22 years old. I'm athletic and cut. I go to the gym everyday and have been for a year. I can do 70 pushups in 2 mins and as many situps. My running is average. I've never done anything over 2 miles at a time but I'm comfortable doing it. Im sure nobody goes into basic already fit like a Ranger. My question is, am I ready to go to basic the way I am? Will basic and ait prepare me for rip and so on?
RangerX
Ranger

Re: How fo i know when im ready?

Post by RangerX »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
errie806
Embryo

Post by errie806 »

Lol Ranger Rangerx that was a good post and I think I get the point. It's more mental than anything right?
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

After reading this I would say that you are not ready. You see from the day I signed my contract I knew I was going to be a Ranger. I didn't ask anyone if they thought I was ready because I knew that I was ready even though I had no clue what I was in my future. What I am saying is that you could be the biggest PT stud the army has ever seen but if your head ins't right you are fucked
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
errie806
Embryo

Post by errie806 »

Thanks a lot Rangers. I gotta focus on getting my mind right. I'll keep on working out until I can have supreme confidece and no doubt in my abilities. Weighted vests and camel backs here I come. Thanks guys.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Just do it.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

errie806 wrote:Thanks a lot Rangers. I gotta focus on getting my mind right. I'll keep on working out until I can have supreme confidece and no doubt in my abilities. Weighted vests and camel backs here I come. Thanks guys.
Eric, as a rule I am a rather laid-back individual. I'm not one of the guys. I'm not your friend, I'm not one of your teachers, and I assure you not one of your parents. Knock off all this wasting everyone's efforts to be more polite than you deserve. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. Please read all the FAQs, as well as selected threads and stickies. I've reviewed all 10 of your entries, and you are raising BS issues that have already been addressed on numerous occasions. Use the search feature located to the top right of this page -- you can find every issue you raised has been discussed. Don't waste my time and I won't waste yours. Never, never quit!!!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
errie806
Embryo

Post by errie806 »

Im sorry Ranger Jim. I will try not to ask repetive questions.
Worldweaver
Ranger

Post by Worldweaver »

errie806, I'm sure what you meant to say was:

"I'm extremely sorry for wasting your time Ranger Jim. I now understand that you are willing to help me just in the off chance that I'll pop my head out of my ass and become a contributing member of society. I know I haven't taken the time (approximately 10 seconds) to spell check my posts, which could be confused for the total lack of respect for the members on this board, but please allow me to correct my prior mistakes. Furthermore, I understand that I must have really stepped on my crank to have such a distinguished member as yourself correct me in a public forum and must really look like a giant turd to all the Ranger's and Ranger hopefuls on this site. I will now shut my mouth and continue to read much and post little while thanking you personally for not detonating me in place. I will most certainly not be asking anymore REPETITIVE questions...wow, it does feel better to spell check."
Go Tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie.
--Simonides

Bco. 1/75 2006-2010
RS 06-08
errie806
Embryo

Post by errie806 »

I'm very sorry Rangers. I'm new to this type of forum. I really do apologize for not taking more time to be as respectful as you desire and deserve. I will strive to better myself to be worthy of posting on this forum and to receive valuable feedback from all the Rangers I encounter. I hope this is satisfactory.

Return to “About Army Physical Training”