Introduction - David

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Introduction - David

Post by Grim666 »

Hello Rangers, Veterans, future soldiers and others on this site, my name is David. I am 33 years old and currently working with a recruiter to obtain an enlistment as a 68W with an Option 40. I have hit a few bumps in the road but so far nothing I cannot over come. At this moment I am waiting for the MEPS doctor to let me know if my blood pressure readings from my doctor are acceptable since it was slightly elevated during my physical. Then it is on to tackle a dependent waiver which according to my recruiter should not be too hard. My ASVAB AFQT was a 98 and a 137 for the GT section. I have 70 college credits. I am currently a paramedic with 5 years experience. My current PT scores are:

60 push-ups
38 sit-ups
15:45 2 mile run

I have read through a lot on this site and have learned that the search button is my friend and holds many answers. I found the AFPT Improvement sticky posted by Ranger Silverback and have started to use this to improve my scores. Thank you Rangers and Veterans for your service and the wealth of information that you provide with this site.
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - David

Post by Jim »

David, a man has only one opportunity to create a favorable initial impression. You are a success. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you are at the right site. We take considerable pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com on their life jouirney. As you have found the Great Ape's AFPT improvement package, I would encourage you to follow it faithfully, and enjoy the results. I'm sure one of the Ranger Medics will be along to take you under control. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Introduction - David

Post by Grim666 »

Thank you for the welcome Ranger Jim. I have been following Ranger Silverback's plan so far and it seems to be helping. With the schedule I have working both days and nights fitting in the PT has been a little rough, however I make time for it whenever I can and make sure that one way or another it happens every other day as prescribed in the package. I look forward to hearing from one of the Ranger Medics. I have spent a lot of time reading about the life of a Ranger Medic especially on this forum. I will never, never quit!
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

futuremedic

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome David

I have sent you a PM.
RLTW
Steadfast