DEP Status (search for opt40)

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Re: DEP Status (search for opt40)

Post by hit_it »

A couple of things stick out to me, but none really have to do with getting an option 40 so I will let them go. Or not adress them....... first.

You need to stay on your recruiter about the RENO. If you want the option 40 contract, you will have to step on some toes and it's easier to do when you have that one bargaining chip of refusing to ship. I hate to say it like that, but it really is your only option if your contract is not renogiated. The recruiter need a DEP (or FS) Loss like a leg needs a beret (oh yeah, sorry).

As far as shipping, you don't have to ship from Albany MEPS, but it's up to the BN to request you ship from NYC. I recruited in NYC and we shipped guys from remote areas all the time. It does take the COC if I recall correctly, so that may be what is holding you back from doing it. Ask about it anyway and make sure it is more convenient to you to ship from NYC and your recruiter could be the one to deliver to MEPS the day prior if they feel accountability is going to be an issue.

Lastly, what the fuck kind of ship date is that? 2011148? Do pushups.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
hit_it
Paratrooper

Re: DEP Status (search for opt40)

Post by hit_it »

First if your ship date is 14 AUG 11, then the correct way to annotate it numerically is 20110814. I know that is exactly what your current contract says.

Secondly, yes the recruiter is correct in stating that if you go to reno, you could wind up with nothing. What is basically happening is that you are "selling" your current selection back to the Army for the opportunity to look at the MOS screen again. Once your Option 4, goes back into the pool it is immeidately up for grabs to other people looking at the screen. You could potentially lose it while looking for option 40 for 2 minutes.

Only you know if it is worth it to you to take the chance for the contract you want.

Keep doing pushups for the date correction. Make sure you pay attention to the military way to do things and start putting yourself in that frame of mind NOW.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “Recruitment Process”