This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

krm375
Ranger

Re: Intro krm375

Post by krm375 »

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Ranger.
Slowpoke wrote:
krm375 wrote:Looky there, I am a RANGER, Feel like a new tabbed spc 4 in Regiment..:)

YOU KINDA ARE! :mrgreen:
Bco 1st platoon, Weapons Squad, 1st Squad, Bco Training, 3/75 93-00
dyks
Ranger

Post by dyks »

Well holy shit if you dig through the intros for a while you'll discover your old team leader. Good to see you're still in the game. I won't attempt to give public accolades for your TIB. Your service record stood tall long before I showed up and long after I left. Your example was tough to follow. (especially up cardiac hill)

PM inbound
B CO 3/75 96-98

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
dyks
Ranger

Post by dyks »

Scene: The bar in Columbus we were always banned from, "AL WHO's" I think? All hell is breaking loose after someone from A Co. pissed off someone from Chuckles Company(over a girl I think, we had just returned from a coupe weeks at JRTC), fists are flying, Lots of "woohoo" ringing in the air. Waitresses screaming, innocent bystanders scrambling for the exits. A computer Monitor gets thrown across the room.

You: Sitting across a table from me, pitcher between us, looking around, enjoying the view.

Me: Standing up, beer in hand, A "woohoo" making its way from brain to mouth.

You: "Go ahead and grab your seat there slick, beer is on the house"

It wasn't our pitcher, and then it was. I think we were banned again from that bar for a looong time. A waitress had a broken arm as I recall. Lots a piss and vinegar goin around. We had just spent weeks scouring what seemed like every square foot of Ft. Polk lookin for OPFOR. NEVER ONCE MADE CONTACT.
B CO 3/75 96-98

krm375
Ranger

Post by krm375 »

dyks wrote:Scene: The bar in Columbus we were always banned from, "AL WHO's" I think? All hell is breaking loose after someone from A Co. pissed off someone from Chuckles Company(over a girl I think, we had just returned from a coupe weeks at JRTC), fists are flying, Lots of "woohoo" ringing in the air. Waitresses screaming, innocent bystanders scrambling for the exits. A computer Monitor gets thrown across the room.

You: Sitting across a table from me, pitcher between us, looking around, enjoying the view.

Me: Standing up, beer in hand, A "woohoo" making its way from brain to mouth.

You: "Go ahead and grab your seat there slick, beer is on the house"

It wasn't our pitcher, and then it was. I think we were banned again from that bar for a looong time. A waitress had a broken arm as I recall. Lots a piss and vinegar goin around. We had just spent weeks scouring what seemed like every square foot of Ft. Polk lookin for OPFOR. NEVER ONCE MADE CONTACT.
I remember that fight in the Bar, we saw bottles from every where flying into the mass of people rolling around by the bar and entrance.
That was the same deployment where C co lost SGT Harness, and a bunch of guys were hurt when they dropped the Fast Rope into the top of a pine. I remember it being Cold as hell.
Bco 1st platoon, Weapons Squad, 1st Squad, Bco Training, 3/75 93-00
1stbatrgr
Ranger

Post by 1stbatrgr »

Welcome and cool stories. I also learned something as we always thought that 3rd Bat guys drank wine and not beer; although it was probably fruit flavored beer. :D
TAB IS A SCHOOL THE SCROLL IS A WAY OF LIFE
B CO 1/75 3rd PLT (86-89)
dyks
Ranger

Post by dyks »

all beers look the same after you've had too many 1st batt wives on st pattys day

:twisted:
B CO 3/75 96-98

1stbatrgr
Ranger

Post by 1stbatrgr »

dyks wrote:all beers look the same after you've had too many 1st batt wives on st pattys day

Very nice dyks, although I thank you for the knowledge as in THE BN we also did not know that 3rd Bn guys liked women either; we figured you guys were the test unit for ending don't ask don't tell, not that there is anything wrong with that. :)
TAB IS A SCHOOL THE SCROLL IS A WAY OF LIFE
B CO 1/75 3rd PLT (86-89)
dyks
Ranger

Post by dyks »

1stbatrgr wrote:
dyks wrote:all beers look the same after you've had too many 1st batt wives on st pattys day

THE BN
Huh, I always just figured they kept standing up battalions until they were sure they got it right.
B CO 3/75 96-98

Chuck_Finley
Ranger

Post by Chuck_Finley »

dyks wrote:Huh, I always just figured they kept standing up battalions until they were sure they got it right.
That's the way I heard it.......
B 3/75 90-92

Return to “Introduction Archive”