Introduction - spart11 / Re-intro cale_920

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - spart11

Post by Jim »

SpartII, a man has only one opportunity to create a favorable initial impression. So far you seem to be doing well. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take considerable pride in the fine young Rangers who have used armyranger.com as a station in their life journey. I noticed that you have lurked here more than a month prior to posting an introduction -- good move. It affords you an opportunity to see what is going on before you jump in with both feet. For your initial task, please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread not later than midnight, Sunday 27 March 2011. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

Do you have Heart?
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

spart11 wrote:Ranger Jim,

The results of the PT test I self-administered are as follows:

Pushups: 45; Score: 64
Situps: 58; Score: 68
2-Mile Run: 15:20; Score: 67
Total Score: 199

I realize this is a very poor showing. My fitness level is embarrassing for a civilian, let alone a prospective Ranger candidate. On Sunday, once my body has had some time to recuperate, I am starting the APFT improvement plan posted by Ranger Silverback. I realize I need to substantially improve my overall fitness/health, and won't waste a recruiters time until I have.
The reason I asked you to self-administrate this test was to determine a baseline for your efforts. If you follow the Great Ape's improvement plan, you will be better prepared. If I were you, but of course, I'm not; you might start preparing yourself in some other ways. As an example, begin to search throughout this site for the answers to some of the other questions you might have. The search feature is found to the right top of the page. The more you know the better you will be prepared to talk to a recruiter. As stated earlier, if you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you are at the right site. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

spart11 wrote:Ranger Elguapo,
Roger. I have never had it tested to the extent that I'm sure RASP does(and daily life in Regiment), but what I do, I do to the best of my ability. I am very excited to graduate from college and start down the path that I definitely hope leads to the 75th Ranger Regiment. If I am able to sign a contract, I will wholeheartedly chase that tan beret.

Ranger Jim,
Thank you for your advice and time. I have a copy of the Ranger Handbook that I am reading, and will continue to visit this site daily.
The thing about having Heart, is it's obviously an intrinsic characteristic. Either you have it, or you don't. The only way to know 100% if you do have it, is to have it tested. But, just like iron in the fire, you are able to harden it.

Your PT results suck. By Sunday, 3April2011, post up a detailed workout plan for the month of April. It should include running, pushups, situps, pullups, and gym time. If you're too poor to afford a gym, I suggest you rent the movie Rocky 4. It will give you some creative ideas for strengthening yourself without too many resources. If you don't have a pull up bar, drive down to the local playground and find some monkey bars. If you're not broke at the moment, I'd suggest buying an old ruck sack from your local military surplus store and incorporating that into your workout. It will add a little hair on your chest.

When you have a detailed monthly plan (I like to use Microsoft Excel), you will find yourself sticking with it. If you stick with it and apply yourself, you will get better. Every thing you do or fail to do from here on out is on you.
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10
Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

Good. It sucks in that format as it doesn't really say much, but you now not only have a plan, but you have a schedule.

May 2nd, which is a Monday, I want you to take the PT test again. Post the results on Monday, May 2nd.

IF you follow your workout routine, and IF you put 100% into it, I'm willing to bet you will see some pretty impressive gains. Lay off the fatty-cakes on campus, and don't drink as many beers, and you'll probably have great results. It's a long and continuous process. Next month, you'll need to do the same.

It doesn't matter if you want the Option 40 or the 09S, it's a long hard road if you're too succeed. Think about it.
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10
cale_920
Embryo

Post by cale_920 »

Pardon my ignorance, Ranger Jim, but do you know where I can find Great Ape's improvement plan? I used the search engine and came up with no results under that title specifically. If you don't know where it is off the top of your head then I don't want to trouble you and I can use another workout plan. Thank you for any help in advance.
James2542
Egg

Post by James2542 »

Cale the thread is in the fitness (training maybe) section of the forum and is titled APFT improvement. I am answering this for you as a fellow DEP but you should know that it is very easy to find if you actually look for it. Good luck.
cale_920
Embryo

Post by cale_920 »

Many thanks, James.
Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

It's May 2nd.
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Elguapo wrote:It's May 2nd.
You did not give him a time. only day/date. He has until midnight.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”